$1339—Tuscany fairytale castle trip incl. $545 in extras
Why We Love This Deal
Just 5 miles from Montalcino, Castello Di Velona is a 10th-century-castle-turned-luxe-resort in one of Italy's top wine regions. This former fortress sits atop a hill overlooking the Val d’Orcia’s breathtaking olive groves, cypress trees and sweeping vineyards renowned for producing Brunello wine.
Unwind in the resort's thermal water pools and explore the spectacular flavors and sights of Tuscany with this offer that includes accommodations in a suite with views of Castle Brunello, a wine tasting (Brunello, of course), a lunch for two and more.
- Stays from March 29 - Aug. 30, 2024, for two guests in a Classic Queen Suite
- $1339 ... 2 nights
- $1999 ... 3 nights
- Add extra nights to your stay for $590 (must be used with a 3-night voucher)
Travelzoo member perks ($545 value):
- Daily breakfast
- A two-course lunch for two at La Dolce Vita Restaurant (one per stay; drinks and certain menu items not included)
- Brunello by Castello di Velona Winery wine tasting with homemade bread, organic olive oil + cold cuts for two (one per stay)
- €75 (approx. US$80) credit per room applicable toward either a cooking class or treatment at the on-site spa for two people (one per room, per stay)
- The following surcharges apply: €150 (approx. US$159) per room, per night for stays on national and international bank holidays (payable to hotel): March 31; April 1, 25; May 1; June 1-2, 8-9, 16, 22-23, 29-30; July 4; Aug. 15; €90 (approx. US$96) per room per night on all Fridays-Saturdays through 2024
- Price is for two guests per room (not per person) and includes VAT (value-added tax), though a €5 (approx. US$6) nightly city tax per person is not included, payable on site
- Not available: May 25-27; June 11-15
More Reasons to Go
- This hotel is located in one of Italy's top wine regions and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The spa covers a whopping 16,000 square feet, with hydrotherapy, saunas and couples' treatment rooms
- Easy day trips include visits to the towns of Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico d'Orcia and Bagno Vignoni
About the Destination
Known for its stunning landscape of rolling hills and vineyards, this historic region is also famous for its art and culture.
To get there, fly into Florence Airport via connecting flights from Rome. From there, it's about a 2-hour drive to the hotel. Contact the hotel directly to arrange transfers.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo, then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited, and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Restaurant and/or spa reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Voucher cancellation and refund policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days your voucher becomes nonrefundable. At the time of checkout you can make vouchers refundable until they expire, for a fee.
Hotel cancellation & rescheduling policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel’s cancellation policy, and must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Occupancy rules: Price based on up to 2 guests per room. Up to 1 child 3 years of age and younger can stay free of charge when using existing bedding; children ages 3-11 can stay upon prior request for an additional €100 (approx. US$106) per night; children ages 12-17 stay for an additional €150 (approx. US$159) per night. Maximum occupancy is 2 adults and 2 children.
Additional hotel specific charges: A €5 (approx. US$6) nightly city tax per person is not included payable on site. Valet parking is an additional €25 (approx. US$26) per stay.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel. This hotel is pet friendly. Review hotel’s pet policy on its website or call to inquire. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.