$1365—Discover the world's oldest wine region over 3 nights
Why We Love This Deal
Portugal's Douro Valley is among the world's oldest wine regions—they've been making wine there for over 2,000 years. Situated in the heart of the area is the hotel Casas do Côro in the medieval village of Marialva, surrounded by terraced vineyards and olive trees approximately 2 hours east of Porto.
Visit this recently named UNESCO World Heritage region (2021) with an offer that comes packed with amenities and activities and is valid on travel into next spring.
- Travel through April 2024
- $1365 ... 3 nights in a Double Superior Room
- $240 ... 1 extra night
- These Travelzoo member perks
Here is how we would recommend taking advantage of the numerous extras during your 3-night stay:
- Day 1: Arrive and enjoy welcome drinks, explore the property and end with a four-course dinner for two
- Day 2: After breakfast, take an ATV ride through the vineyards. In the afternoon, indulge in the wine tasting and snacks for two
- Day 3: Enjoy breakfast and spend the morning at the spa. Later on, learn about the local cuisine with a cooking class for two. Relax with a bottle of wine in the evening
- Day 4: After breakfast and departing the hotel, visit the Côa Museum, located about 30 minutes north of the hotel
- A surcharge of €30 (approx. US$32) per room, per night applies for stays July 28 - Sept. 24, payable directly to the hotel
- Price is per room, not per person
More Reasons to Go
- The banks of the Douro River are just 30 minutes from the hotel
- The spa features a Turkish bath, sauna, indoor pool (heated seasonally from November-March) and "aqua gym" with water bike, treadmill and elliptical
- The hotel has its own winery, and a bottle of wine and a wine-tasting experience are included with this offer
- The Côa region of Portugal is home to prehistoric rock carvings and art—The Côa Museum is a great place to see numerous examples of this ancient art
- You can book an array of activities through the hotel including a river cruise along the Douro River, a gourmet picnic among the vineyards or a guided night walk (fees apply)
About the Destination
To reach Casas do Côro, most travelers will fly into Lisbon's Humberto Delgado Airport, which is approximately a 3.5-hour drive from the hotel; alternatively, connecting flights can be taken to Porto's Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, which is approximately a 2-hour drive from the hotel.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo, then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please call +351917552020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited, and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Restaurant and spa reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Voucher cancellation and refund policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days your voucher becomes nonrefundable.
Hotel cancellation and rescheduling policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel’s cancellation policy, and must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Occupancy rules: Price based on up to 2 guests per room. Additional adults and children can stay for an additional fee; payable directly to the hotel; contact the hotel directly for details. Maximum occupancy is 4.
Additional hotel-specific charges: Parking is complimentary.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel; contact the hotel directly for more details. This hotel is dog-friendly. Review hotel’s pet policy on its website or call to inquire. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.