Sold outThis deal was published May 10, 2022 and sold out May 25, 2022. See current deals
$199 – Madrid 5-Star Hotel w/Upgrade, Breakfast & Bubbly
Why We Love This Deal
Located in the Huertas neighborhood (a.k.a. Madrid's literary district), the 5-star Suecia Hotel was once a favorite haunt of Ernest Hemingway. With this deal, you can follow in his footsteps to top sites around the city like the UNESCO World Heritage listed Retiro Park and Prado Museum — both under a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
We've negotiated a special price, exclusively available for Travelzoo members, which covers discounted accommodations all the way into 2023, plus perks like breakfast, a welcome bottle of bubbly and late checkout — so you can enjoy a final siesta before heading home.
- Two guests can stay in an upgraded Superior Room — these are on higher floors with better views of the city (2-night minimum stay required)
- $199 per night … June 5 - Sept. 3, 2022
- $229 per night … Nov. 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023
Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast
- Fruit in the room, once per stay
- Welcome sparkling wine or cava at the bar or terrace (based on availability)
- 1 p.m. late checkout
- VAT (value-added tax) is included in the price
- Not available: June 8-9, 10, 14-17, 22-25, 28-30; July 1-2, 8-9; Sept. 4-30; Oct. 1-31; Dec. 23-31, 2022 & Jan. 1-7, 17-22; Feb. 21-25; March 7-9, 2023
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
More Reasons to Go
- The hotel is located on Gran Vía, known as Madrid's Broadway, famous for its shopping and musicals
- Chueca and the Barrio de Las Letras neighborhoods are within a five-minute walk, where you'll find great bars and restaurants, such as Triciclo, where you can sample delicious Spanish tapas
- We love the views from the hotel's rooftop bar, which gazes across Madrid's rooftops toward the Sierra de Guadarrama Mountains in the distance
About the Destination
The storybook capital of Spain, Madrid is a melting pot known for its thriving dining scene and castle-like architecture. While flights are not included in this deal, nonstop flights to Madrid (MAD) are available from many U.S. cities. Once in Madrid, it's a 30-minute drive from the airport to the hotel.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo, then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Two-night minimum stay is required. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited, and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to “My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher is nonrefundable. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel’s cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve booked your dates, you can still change your travel dates directly with the hotel. Simply contact the hotel at least 7 days prior to your original travel dates. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Occupancy rules: Price based on a maximum of 2 guests per Superior Room. You can add a third guest to your reservation by upgrading to a Junior Suite for +€100 (approx. $105) per night from June 5 - Sept. 3, 2022 and +€150 (approx. $158) per night night from Nov. 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023, plus a €60 (approx. $65) extra persons fee for adults and children 13 and older. Children 12 and under stay free.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel. This hotel is not pet friendly. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.
COVID re-entry info: All air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the U.S. Read CDC guidelines for international travelers and get more information here.