$3999 – Intimate Eco Resort in Fiji: 6 Nights for 2 w/Meals
Why We Love This Deal
Eco-hotels are having a moment these days but very few are on a par with Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. This island retreat in Fiji was one of the world's first eco-hotels, promoting environmental sustainability and preserving Fijian culture since 1995.
It's also seriously luxurious with more staff than guests and over-the-top amenities like guided reef expeditions and gourmet meals prepared with fresh-caught seafood (all covered in the price). With this deal, two can nab one of its secluded bungalows, plus a litany of perks, for travel into 2023.
- Two guests can spend 6 nights, most dates from Dec. 1, 2021 - March 31, 2023
- $3999 ... Garden View Bure (reg. $5970) with a king and day bed, double vanity in the bathroom and private porch overlooking the island's tropical gardens
- $4999 ... Ocean Front Bure (reg. $7414) — as the name suggests, these villas sit on the beach and gaze across the turquoise waters of Savusavu Bay
- $10,999 ... Presidential Villa (reg. $16,500) — this over-the-top luxurious villa resides in its own private garden and offers a full dining and living room (this also doubles as a second bedroom), indoor and outdoor showers, an inifinity pool and Jacuzzi (there's only one Presidential Villa on site)
- Add extra nights from $677 (must be used with a 6-night voucher)
- All meals are included, as well as non-alcoholic drinks, roundtrip ground transportation from Savusavu Airport, daily guided boat trips, snorkeling, wellness activities and more
You'll also receive these Travelzoo member perks:
- A 60-minute traditional Fijian Bobo massage for two
- A private dinner on the Pier for two (per bure, per stay)
- A picnic on a private island for two (per bure, per stay)
- Bonus: If you're staying over New Year's, you'll also enjoy the resort's holiday degustation menu and party for free
- Price is for two guests per room (not per person) and includes hotel taxes and fees
- A nightly surcharge of FJ$220-FJ$3500 (approx. $105-$1665; see below for more details) depending on your chosen villa applies from April 1-23; June 11-30; July 1-31; Aug. 1-20; Sept. 17-30; Oct. 1-7; Dec. 21-31, 2022 & Jan. 1-3, 2023 (payable on site)
- Not available: Dec. 21-31, 2021 & Jan. 1-4; June 18-30; July 1-15; Sept. 17-30; Oct. 1-8; Nov. 19-26, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- As far as authentic, luxury Fijian retreats go, it really doesn't get better than this: there are only 25 bures (a.k.a. traditional Fijian bungalows) on site
- The resort's eco credentials are top notch, too — it was founded by the son of the legendary oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau
- Fittingly, on site activities center on connecting with the water and include glass-bottom boat excursions, reef walks and guided snorkeling (all of which are free for guests)
- Per Frommer's, this may be the "world's best family resort," thanks to the massive array of amenities for all ages, legitimately fun kids' club as well and round-the-clock, complimentary nanny services
About the Destination
Known for its picture-perfect beaches and blue waters, Fiji is the soft coral capital of the Pacific and a stunning tropical destination for anyone who wants to explore above or below the water. Nonstop flights are available from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN). From here, connect on a domestic flight to Savusavu Airport, where you will be met and transferred to the resort (approx. 20 minute drive; these roundtrip ground transfers are included). Please be sure to check the latest travel requirements for Fiji before booking your travel.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
Occupancy rules Price is based on two guests per room. Children 13 and under stay free. Maximum occupancy is two adults and two children. Rollaway beds are available upon request.
- FJ$220 (approx. $105) per night ... Garden View Bure
- FJ$280 (approx. $130) per night ... Ocean Front Bure
- FJ$3500 (approx. $1665) per night ... Presidential Villa
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.