$1699 – Maldives 5-Star Secluded Retreat w/Dolphin Cruise
Why We Love This Deal
Located in Gaafu Alifu, one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world — renowned for unparalleled diving — The Residence Maldives can make you feel like you've found the edge of the Earth. Spend 5 nights (or more) on this private island resort and nab exclusive extras, like daily breakfast, a dolphin cruise and roundtrip airport transfers (a perk we rarely see for deals in the Maldives).
"Excellent, 5.0 / 5.0" — TripAdvisor Reviews
- Two guests can stay for 5 nights anytime through Dec. 20, 2022:
- $1699 ... Beach Villa (reg. $5540) — just steps from the surf, these 1400-square-foot villas feature a private terrace with an outdoor shower and bathtub
- $2250 ... Water Villa (reg. $7214) — these are located above the waves on the resort's lagoon with direct access to the water from your sundeck
- $2500 ... Water Pool Villa (reg. $7830) — as the name suggests, not only do these villas sit over the resort's lagoon, they come with a private pool, too
Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Complimentary roundtrip airport transfers via seaplane and speedboat for two (reg. $770)
- A dolphin cruise for two (once per stay)
- Welcome cocktails for two upon arrival (once per stay)
- Want to stay longer? 9-night vouchers are on sale and come with these bonus perks: daily cocktails, plus a spa treatment and cooking class for two
- You can also add extra nights to your stay from $339 (must be used with a 5- or 9-night voucher)
- Prices are for two guests per villa (not per person) and include 10% service charges and 12% local taxes — normally these would cost you more than $1500 per booking
- Surcharge applies from Dec. 20, 2021 - Feb 28, 2022: $100 per room, per night (payable on-site)
- A green tax of $6 per person, per night as well as mandatory gala dinner supplements (over Christmas and New Years) are not included (see below for more details)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- This 5-star resort boasts a heap of accolades, including a perfect 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from nearly 1400 TripAdvisor reviews and the publication's 2021 Travelers' Choice Award
- No surprise, the amenities here are extremely cool and include glass-bottom kayak rentals (so you can checkout marine life while you paddle the lagoon), yoga and meditation classes and a full-fledged dive center
- You'll also have access to the hotel's sister resort on Dhigurah Island — you get there by crossing a half-mile long foot bridge over the water — bike rentals are free, too, if you'd rather not hoof it
- There are five bars and restaurants on site, as well as specialty dining options (hint: purchase a 9-night voucher and you can try a cooking class for free); the resort also boasts the only Clarins Spa in the Maldives
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
About the Destination
Located between the Arabian and Laccadive seas, the remote island nation of the Maldives is widely considered to have some of the best beaches in the world, with pristine white sand, clear turquoise water and world-class diving.
To reach the Maldives, guests will fly to Malé International Airport (MLE); from there, you'll take an hourlong domestic flight followed by a 10-minute speedboat ride to the resort (contact the resort directly to schedule the airport transfers included with the offer).
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email the resort at email@example.com
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
Occupancy Rules: Price based on up to 2 guests per room. Maximum occupancy is three adults or two adults and two children. Extra adults are an additional $372 per person, per night with daily breakfast, extra bed and tax. Children two and under stay free in existing bedding with meals included; children ages 3-11 are an additional $149 per child, per night with daily breakfast, extra bed and tax. If an extra bed is not required, children ages 3-11 pay an additional $25 per child, per night for daily breakfast. Extra bed requests must be made in advance. A cot can be provided by the hotel free of charge, subject to availability. All extra surcharges are payable to the hotel directly.
Additional Hotel Specific Charges: Hotel taxes and fees are included in the voucher price, though the following is not included:
- Mandatory green tax of $6 per person per day for all guests
- Airport transfers for extra guests: Roundtrip speedboat and domestic flight transfers are $385 per adult, $319 for children ages 2-11 and $88 for infants under 2.
- Festive Gala supplements apply on Christmas Eve Gala Dinner (Dec. 24) at $260 per adult; $130 per child (aged 3-12) and New Year Eve Gala Dinner (Dec. 31) at $345 per adult; $173 per child (aged 3-12)
COVID Entry and Re-entry Info: A mandatory PCR negative test result is currently required at Velana International Airport in the Maldives. Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. The resort offers COVID-19 testing onsite; contact the resort for more details. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.