$2499 – Tour the World's Best Country w/Private Guide for 2
Why We Love This Deal
You may not know much about Sri Lanka but, trust us, this island nation northwest of the Maldives deserves a top spot on your bucket list: Here you'll find eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites alongside lush cinnamon and tea plantations and some of the most pristine beaches in Asia.
Now, you and a friend can go on a whirlwind 7-night tour, with stops at three intimate 5-star hotels and top destinations across the country (including one of said UNESCO World Heritage Sites), all for less than $180 per person, per night.
- Embark on a 7-night, private tour for two through Sri Lanka, complete with very your own chauffeur and daily breakfast
You'll stay in three 5-star hotels, each in a spectacular, only-found-in-Sri-Lanka setting:
- 2 nights in a forest of cinnamon trees at Tri Hotel in a Water Tower Room
- 2 nights on a 50-acre working tea plantation at Stafford Bungalow Hotel in a Deluxe Room
- 3 nights along the coast at the Beach House Hotel in an Ocean Terrace Suite — here you'll enjoy a candlelit dinner to celebrate the last night of the tour
- You'll also partake in guided sight-seeing, including seasonal whale watching or a river safari, private visits to a turtle hatchery, Kurundu Oya Falls, UNESCO World Heritage Site Galle Fort and more
- All tours come with roundtrip airport transfers and ground transportation with a private chauffeur throughout, as well as English-speaking guides and all necessary entrance fees, per the itinerary (excl. optional sightseeing)
- $2499 ... 7-night private tour for two
- $3590 ... 7-night private tour for two with upgraded rooms — you'll stay in the highest level room category at each hotel and nab a private pool at Tri and the Beach House Hotels
- Vouchers for solo travelers and extra guests are also on sale
- Prices listed include tax
- Tours run daily from Nov. 1 - Dec. 20, 2021 and from March 1 - Dec. 20, 2022 — see the full itinerary here
- A high season surcharge applies from Dec. 20, 2021 - Feb. 28, 2022: +$200-$350 per person for the entire stay for private tours for two; +$425 per person for solo travelers
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- Sri Lanka topped Lonely Planet's 2019 list of the Best Countries in the World — no surprise, thanks to the country's unique, widely varied landscapes and distinctive culture dating back millennia
- All three hotels earn stellar reviews on TripAdvisor and hold the publication's Best of the Best Award, given to only the top 1% of businesses on the site
- You'll practically have them to yourself, too — each has fewer than 11 rooms on site, is packed with amenities like complimentary yoga classes, tennis courts, bike rentals and spas, and boasts eco-friendly credentials
- On the tour, you'll visit top sites, including the largest occupied fort in Asia, tea plantations and factories and one of the best beaches in the country, Mirissa (Lonely Planet)
- During your down time, your chauffeur can also take you to other must-visit spots like Cinnamon Island where you can learn how cinnamon is cultivated and viewpoints like Coconut Tree Hill and Parrot Rock where you can enjoy breathtaking ocean views
Travelzoo Tip: Blue whales are off the Sri Lankan coast in spring. Travel from December-April for the best chances of spotting them.
About the Destination
An island nation just off the southern tip of India, Sri Lanka is famed for its post-card worthy beaches, dense rain forests, abundant wildlife and ancient ruins dating back millennia.
To reach Sri Lanka, U.S. travelers will fly into Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), where you'll meet your tour guide.
Occupancy Rules: To book the $1250 per person price, a minimum of two travelers is required. Rooms at each resort accommodate a maximum of three guests. Third guest can share the room for $940. Solo travelers can book a private tour for one for $2340. Upgraded vouchers are also for a minimum of two travelers with an extra third guest sharing the room for $1349. Solo travelers can book the upgraded private tour for one for $3079. High season surcharges mentioned are to be paid directly to Diethelm Travel.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your dates. Reservations must be made through email via Diethelm Travel and are subject to availability. We recommend booking at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates.
Cancellation Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or if you change your mind about going. Once the tour is reserved, changes must be made at least 21 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
Tour does NOT include: International airfare to / from Sri Lanka; personal travel insurance; personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.; meals and services other than mentioned in the itinerary; drinks with meals; compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons (if any); Electronic Travel Authorization fee for visas upon arrival (approx. $35-$40; please note that an ETA is compulsory for all nationalities except for those from Singapore and Maldives); early check-in and late checkout at hotels, if not mentioned in the itinerary; any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.