$1395 – Cook Under the Tuscan Sun w/Michelin-Starred Chef
Why We Love This Deal
Remember the hit movie "Under the Tuscan Sun?" Now, a limited number of Travelzoo members can follow in Diane Lane's footsteps through film locations in the medieval village of Cortona. With this exclusive $1395 per person deal, you'll spend 4 nights among rolling vineyards, partake in a 3-day cooking school with Michelin-starred chef Silvia Baracchi (pictured above) and savor over-the-top food and wines at her family-run restaurant, winery and villa — named part of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association.
"Fans of Tuscan cuisine will be in their element" — The Michelin Guide
- 4 nights in one of the villa's Junior Suites — this is an upgrade over standard rooms with more space and views of the vineyards (when available at check-in, Silvia may upgrade you further to an even larger Suite)
- Daily breakfast for two
- Welcome drink with the chef (one per person, on the evening of arrival or day of your dinner)
- Three half-day cooking classes, led by Michelin-starred chef Silvia Baracchi, for one of which you'll head to the local market to source ingredients for your meal (classes are approx. 2.5-3 hours each, and will end with you and the group eating the meal you cooked)
- Dinner for two at the on-site, Michelin-starred, Il Falconiere Restaurant, with your choice of a chef's tasting menu or a 4-course meal from the a-la-carte menu (once per stay; excludes drinks)
- An €85 (approx. $103) credit to the on-site spa (once per stay)
- A signed copy of Silvia's cook book
- Additional activities, such as visits to local wineries, chauffeured tours, bike rentals and truffle hunting are also available for an added fee (contact the hotel directly for more details)
- Bonus: For stays in fall 2021, you can also upgrade to an Autumn cooking class using seasonal ingredients like truffle, porcini and ovoli mushrooms, as well as game meat for +€40 (approx. $48) per person, per class (subject to availability; inquire upon booking for more details)
- $2790 for two (that's $1395 per person) ... 4 nights with cooking classes for two people
- $2190 for two ... 4 nights with cooking classes for one person (in case you only have one chef in the family)
- $1990 for a solo traveler ... 4 nights with cooking classes for one person
- Extra nights are $325 with breakfast for two; $299 for solo travelers (must be used with a 4-night voucher)
- Prices listed include all taxes, though a €4 (approx. $5) nightly tourist tax per person is not included, payable on site
- Vouchers are valid from Oct. 20, 2021 - Oct. 30, 2022 — we recommend booking your preferred dates as soon as possible, as spaces are limited
- Now sold out: May 7-11, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- Let's start with the location: The resort sits on a converted 17th-century winery, just outside the medieval village of Cortona, amid Italy's most famous wine regions like Chianti to the north and Montepulciano to the west
- It also boasts a heap of accolades from leading publications, including top spots on Forbes' list of "The Very Best of Italy" and Condé Nast's "Travel Guide to Tuscany"
- You might rub shoulders with Hollywood stars, too — recent celeb guests include Sir Anthony Hopkins, Robert Redford, Sting and Sophia Loren
- Indulgent amenities include a palatial spa, complete with indoor-outdoor pools and wine therapy treatments
- Each suite is uniquely appointed with artisan-crafted furnishings and embellished with traditional frescos on the walls — you can also choose between memory foam, down or synthetic pillows from the pillow menu
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
About the Destination
Many places can be described as picturesque, but few have inspired as many masterpieces as Tuscany, where you'll still find the landscapes made famous by Da Vinci and Donatello intact today. To reach Tuscany, U.S. travelers will fly into Florence Airport Pertola (FLR) or Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO); from there, it's a 1.5- to 2.5-hour drive through the Italian countryside to the hotel.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please call email firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Restaurant and/or spa reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Cancellation policy: Until the voucher’s Promotional Value Expiration Date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. If you already booked your dates, simply cancel with the hotel at least 14 days prior to arrival and contact Travelzoo for a refund. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Occupancy rules: Price based on up to two guests per room. Children 12 and under stay free of charge. Maximum occupancy is two adults and one child 12 and under per room.
Additional hotel specific charges: VAT (value-added tax) is included in the price, though a €4 (approx. $5) nightly tourist tax per person is not included, payable on site. Parking is complimentary.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel. This hotel is pet friendly. Review hotel’s pet policy on its website or call to inquire. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.