$115 – Lisbon's Only Medieval Old City Hotel, Half Off
Why We Love This Deal
Europe, with its romantic cities and millennia of history, can often feel far away. Then again, Lisbon is only a 6.5-hour flight from the East Coast — and with this deal, you and a friend can stay at a 4-star hotel on the grounds of a medieval castle just as soon as you can get there. Better still, you'll save half-off regular prices into 2022.
"Excellent, 5.0 / 5.0" — TripAdvisor Reviews
- Two guests stay in a Mansarda or Alfama Room (subject to availability) — these are located in the hotel's historic mansion dating back to the 18th century and feature more space than standard rooms
- $115 per night ... Low Season: Nov. 1 - Dec. 28, 2021 & Jan. 2 - March 31, 2022
- $149 per night ... High Season: Now through Oct. 31; Dec. 29, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022
Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast
- A welcome bottle of Port wine in your room upon arrival
- Low Season: Free entry into 20 museums around Lisbon (inquire at the front desk for more details)
- High Season: Free entry into the National Ancient Art Museum, National Contemporary Art Museum, Gulbenkian Museum and Fundação Ricardo do Espírito Santo Silva
- Price is for two guests (not per person) and includes VAT (value-added tax), though a €2 (approx. $2.36) nightly tourist tax, per person, is not included, payable on site
- Now sold out: Sept. 3-5; 23-24, 2021 & March 25-31, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- When we say past guests rave about this hotel, we're not kidding — it holds a perfect 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from over 1100 TripAdvisor reviews as well as the publication's 2021 Traveler's Choice Award
- It's small wonder, too, given its singular location as the only hotel within the medieval village surrounding St. Georges Castle (a.k.a. the former royal palace); the entrance passes under the original ramparts
- There are only 14 rooms on site, and the hotel itself is decked out with tons of charming amenities like the on-site bar and terrace, where peacocks frequently gather (yes, really)
- Stay with confidence — read more about that hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
About the Destination
To reach Solar do Castelo, U.S. travelers will fly into Lisbon International Airport; from there, it's a 20-minute drive to the hotel. At time of publish, we found fares from NYC for under $400 roundtrip, select dates from October 2021 - April 2022.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email email@example.com. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Cancellation policy: Until the voucher’s Promotional Value Expiration Date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. If you already booked your dates, simply cancel with the hotel at least 7 days prior to arrival and contact Travelzoo for a refund. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Occupancy rules and other hotel policies: Price based on a maximum of two guests per room. Parking is available off site. Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel. This hotel is not pet friendly. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.