Save 50% – One of the Maldives' Top Resorts: Stay thru 2023
Why We Love This Deal
Some offers are so astonishing, at first glance they can seem like a misprint — for example: We've negotiated savings of up to 50%, all the way through 2023, at the 5-star Fairmont Resort in the Maldives...yes, really.
With this $4699 deal, two people can spend 5 nights on Shaviyani (meaning "secret water island" in the local language) in your choice of one of two postcard-worthy villas. You'll also receive over-the-top perks like your own butler, discounts at the spa and dive center, plus breakfast and dinner daily.
"The grandest beach escape you can gift yourself in the Maldives" — Travel + Leisure
- $4699 ... two people can spend 5 nights through Dec. 14, 2023, in your choice of one of two accommodations:
- Tented Jungle Villa — spread out in a 5651-square-foot safari-style villa set amid lush tropical jungle, steps from the beach, with an outdoor shower and soaking tub as well as a private pool
- Water Sunrise Villa — luxuriate over the waves in a 1765-square-foot villa with see-through floors (so you can watch tropical fish from your bed), an oversized copper bathtub, private deck and plunge pool
- All stays come with round-the-clock personal butler service, daily breakfast and dinner and these Travelzoo member perks
- Add extra nights to your stay for $940 (must be used with a 5-night voucher)
- Prices are per villa (based on double occupancy), not per person, and include 10% service charges and 12% local taxes — normally these would cost you more than $1500 per booking
- Not available on: Dec. 15, 2021 - Jan. 11, 2022; Dec. 15, 2022 - Jan. 11, 2023 and April 1-12, 2023
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- This 5-star resort is barely three years old and already boasts a heap of accolades, such as a perfect 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from more than 460 reviews on TripAdvisor and the publication's 2021 Travelers' Choice Award
- It's also home to superlative amenities, including the largest resort lagoon and longest infinity pool in the Maldives (clocking in at a whopping 650 feet, the pool spans the width of the island)
- The real standout, though, is the coral regeneration project that doubles as an art installation — The Coralarium was dreamed up by celebrated British eco-artist Jason deCaires Taylor and offers a truly singular underwater experience
- There are tons of on-site activities, too, including a dive center with a resident marine biologist, art, cooking and photography classes, plus a spa and fitness center (where you can challenge yourself in a Maldivian-warrior training program)
- Thanks to the resort's location on a private island at the outer edges of Shaviyani Atoll, there's so little light pollution here that on cloudless nights the stars are "innumerable and astonishing" (The Telegraph)
About the Destination
Located between the Arabian and Laccadive seas, the remote island nation of the Maldives is widely considered to have some of the best beaches in the world, with pristine white sand, clear turquoise water and world-class diving.
To reach the resort, guests will fly to Malé International Airport (MLE), and transfer via domestic flight or seaplane to Shaviyani Atoll (see below for more details).
Roundtrip seaplane transfers and domestic flight transfers are $600 per adult and $360 for children age 2-11. Infants under 2 fly free of charge. Domestic flights and seaplane transfers are arranged through the resort. Type of transfer is based on arrival and departure time: seaplane transfers are arranged for arrivals between 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. and departures from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; domestic flight transfers are arranged for arrivals after 3 p.m. and departures after 7 p.m. Approximate waiting time for transfer to/from the resort is up to three hours.
Additional Hotel Specific Charges: Hotel taxes and fees are included in the voucher price. A daily $6 green tax per person is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel.
Occupancy Rules: Rate is valid for single or double occupancy. Maximum occupancy of three adults or two adults and two children sharing a Tented Jungle Villa; maximum occupancy of three adults or two adults and one child sharing a Water Sunrise Villa. Extra adults are an additional $300 per person, per night with daily breakfast and dinner, extra bed and tax. Children two and under stay free in existing bedding with all meals included; children ages 3-11 are an additional $150 per room, per night with daily breakfast and dinner, extra bed and tax. Extra bed requests must be made in advance. A cot can be provided by the hotel free of charge, subject to availability. Green tax is not included for all extra guests. All extra surcharges are payable to the hotel directly.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email the resort at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out, so we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers to extend their stay.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
COVID Entry and Re-entry Info: A mandatory PCR negative test result is currently required at Velana International Airport in the Maldives. Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Fairmont Maldives, Sirru Fen Fushi offers COVID-19 testing onsite; contact the resort for more details. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.