$2495 – Private Tour of Best Country in the World to Visit
Why We Love This Deal
You may not know much about Sri Lanka, but when Lonely Planet rates it the 2019 "Best Country in the World to Visit" and Condé Nast Traveler readers rank it at No. 2 on their 2020 list of the "Best Countries in the World" — just after Italy — we wouldn't blame you for feeling curious.
That's why we negotiated this Travelzoo-exclusive, 10-night private tour, complete with your very own chauffeur. You'll stay at three over-the-top 5-star resorts, partake in elephant- and leopard-seeking safaris, put your toes in the sand at one of best beaches anywhere and visit the oldest human-planted tree on Earth. You'll also enjoy private plunge pools and gourmet meals, all at a savings of over $2500 per couple into 2022.
- For $2495 per person ($4990 for two), embark on a 10-night chauffeured private tour for two people through Sri Lanka, including:
- Tours run daily from Dec. 1-13, 2021 and from Jan. 11 - Nov. 30, 2022 — see the full itinerary here
- 3 nights at 5-star Chena Huts in a 1,130-square-foot cabin on an all-inclusive basis (incl. selected wine, beer and spirits)
- 5 nights at 5-star Uga Bay in a 540-square-foot beach studio on a half-board basis (breakfast and dinner every day), plus one special dinner per stay
- 2 nights at 5-star Ulagalla Resort in an 850-square-foot pool villa with daily breakfast and one dinner per stay
- Safari game drives in a shared Jeep at Yala National Park; private visits to ancient pilgrimage sites in Kataragama and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Anuradhapura
- Roundtrip airport transfers and all ground transportation with a private chauffeur throughout the tour; English-speaking guides; all necessary entrance fees, per the itinerary (excl. optional sightseeing)
- Prices are tax-inclusive
- Add an extra traveler to your tour for $2495 (must be purchased with a valid $4990 voucher for two)
- Traveling solo? You can purchase a private tour for yourself for $4400
- Not available: Dec. 14, 2021 - Jan. 10, 2022
- A high season surcharge applies from January-March 2022: +$579 per person for private group tours; +$800 per person for solo travelers
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- All three resorts earn stellar reviews on TripAdvisor; two of them even hold the publication's Best of the Best Award, given to only the top 1% of businesses on the review site
- Chena Huts its one of just a handful of hotels to actually sit in Yala national park — elephants and other wildlife frequently roam across the resort grounds on their way to cool off at the beach
- Uga Bay sits on a private beachfront in the new resort area of Pasikuda, ideal for snorkeling, sailing and year-round swimming
- Ulagalla's luxury also comes with eco credentials; the all-pool-villa resort harvests from an organic paddy field, reuses rainwater and sources the majority of its energy from its own solar farm
- Located near Sigiriya and Dambulla, Ulagalla is the perfect jumping off point for exploring these two fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Travelzoo Tip: If you've purchased one of our popular offers to the Maldives, why not string both trips together? It's only a 1.5-hour flight from Malé to Sri Lanka.
About the Destination
An island nation just off the southern tip of India, Sri Lanka is famed for its post-card worthy beaches, dense rain forests, abundant wildlife and ancient ruins dating back millennia.
To reach Sri Lanka, U.S. travelers will fly into Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), where you'll meet your tour guide.
Occupancy Rules: To book the $2495 per person price, a minimum of two travelers is required. Rooms at each resort accommodate a maximum of three guests. Solo travelers can book a private tour for one for $4400. All additional fees mentioned are to be paid directly to Diethelm Travel.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your dates. Reservations must be made via email and are subject to availability. We recommend booking at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates.
Cancellation Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or if you change your mind about going. Once the tour is reserved, changes must be made at least 21 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
Tour does NOT include: International airfare to / from Sri Lanka; personal travel insurance; personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.; meals and services other than mentioned in the itinerary; drinks with meals; compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons (if any); Electronic Travel Authorization fee for visas upon arrival (approx. $35-$40; please note that an ETA is compulsory for all nationalities except for those from Singapore and Maldives); early check-in and late checkout at hotels, if not mentioned in the itinerary; any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.