$6,999 – South Africa 5-Star Safari for 2 w/Meals, Save 50%
Why We Love This Deal
South Africa is legendary for its elephants, lions, leopards, buffalo and rhinos (a.k.a the Big Five). In few places is that natural heritage more palpable than on the Eastern Cape — the native habitat for these and other elusive animals like cheetahs and zebras.
With this exclusive deal, two can spend a week on safari in the Eastern Cape while saving over $7,000 (yes, really) at a 5-star, all-inclusive resort and game reserve into 2022.
"Excellent, 5.0 / 5.0" — TripAdvisor Reviews
- $6999 ... two guests can embark on a 7-night safari adventure on a private South African game reserve from May 2021 - May 2022
- Stay in a Plains Double Room in Long Lee Manor or Superior Tent in Bayethe Tented Lodge (based on availability) — all rooms feature private verandas with secluded outdoor showers, too
All stays come with the following perks:
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, selected local beverages (excludes French Champagne and other premium beverages), coffee and water
- Daily game drives, departing at sunrise and sunset, as well as guided bush walks
- VAT (value-added tax) as well as tourist tax are included in the price
- Add an extra night to your stay for $999
- Price based on two guests sharing a room (not per person)
- Not available: Dec. 20, 2021 - Jan. 15, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- This 5-star private game reserve boasts some seriously impressive reviews, including a perfect 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from over 400 TripAdvisor reviews; the publication also named it the No. 1 Best Activity around Port Elizabeth
- It's no surprise, either: The reserve itself is comprised of seven lodges spread over 17,000 acres, with five distinct biomes housing abundant wildlife, including over 275 bird species and the Big Five
- Accommodations here are truly luxurious, too — each of the lodges has fewer than 20 rooms and features a full-service spa, plus multiple dining outlets; rooms at Bayethe also come with private plunge pools
- When you stay at Shamwari, you'll also be supporting a 25-year conservation and habitat restoration effort that's transformed decimated farmland into pristine habitats for South Africa's native wildlife
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
About the Destination
To reach the reserve, U.S. travelers will fly into Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ); from there it's roughly an hour's drive to the lodge.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please call 954-626-8150 or email email@example.com (please allow up to 24 hours for a response). Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Cancellation policy: Until the voucher’s Promotional Value Expiration Date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. If you already booked your dates, simply cancel with the hotel at least 21 days prior to arrival and contact Travelzoo for a refund. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Occupancy rules: Price based on a maximum of two guests per room.
Additional hotel specific charges: A conservation tax of R150 (approx. $10.50) per person, per night, is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are available at this hotel; contact the hotel directly for more details. This hotel is not pet friendly. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.
COVID re-entry info: Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.