Sold outThis deal was published March 25, 2021 and sold out April 14, 2021. See current deals
$1,999 – New Maldives Private Island Vacation for 2, Save 50%
Why We Love This Deal
Stepping from your very own villa onto a wide, sandy beach bathed in turquoise waters. Snorkeling with schools of technicolor parrotfish. Sharing a sunset with bottlenose dolphins passing just offshore. All things in store for Travelzoo members, who save over $2000 on weeklong getaways at this new 5-star boutique resort on its very own private island in the Indian Ocean.
Fushifaru was named the "Maldives' Leading Beach Resort" at the World Travel Awards a year ago, and has a perfect 5.0 out of 5.0 rating on TripAdvisor. After visiting ourselves, we can vouch that it's nothing short of pure paradise.
On top of over 50% in savings, we've negotiated a bevy of bonus extras, including a private, overwater dinner for two, plus customizable upgrades like a romantic night on the beach with butler service.
"Wow factor comes from the sensational broad white beach" — The Telegraph
- Two guests can stay for 7 nights, most dates through Dec. 23, 2022:
- $1999 ... 1000-square-foot Sunset Beach Villa, with a soaking tub in a private outdoor garden and furnished veranda offering direct beach access
- $2799 ... upgraded Overwater Jacuzzi Villa — these feature hot tubs, hammocks and daybeds on private decks floating over the ocean, plus a bonus $200 resort credit
- Prices are per villa (based on double occupancy), not per person, and include 10% service charges and 12% local taxes, excluded on other websites — normally these would cost you an additional $439
All stays come with these Travelzoo-exclusive perks:
- Daily breakfast at Korakali Restaurant on site
- An overwater lunch or dinner for two — you'll eat on the secluded Handhu platform, which bobs above the waves at the end of the dock (once per stay; excl. drinks)
- Use of snorkeling gear and non-motorized watersports (canoe, stand-up paddle board and paddle boat)
- Use of Koko Kids Club (4-11 years) with indoor and outdoor play areas
- Weekly group yoga class
Pack even more value into your stay by purchasing one of the following add-on vouchers:
- $965 ... Half-Board Upgrade: in addition to breakfast, receive daily dinner for two guests at Korakali Restaurant
- $1395 ... Full-Board Upgrade: receive daily breakfast, lunch and dinner for two guests at Korakali Restaurant
- Bonus: For $1499 (reg. $2800), book a romantic Sleep Under the Stars experience for two for a romantic night on the beach with food, drink and butler service
- Up to two children 11 and under can stay free, excluding a $6 per person, per night green tax (green tax applies to all guests and is payable on site)
- A surcharge of $100 per night will be applied for stays Jan. 10 - Feb. 28, 2022 (payable on-site)
- Not available: Dec. 24, 2021 - Jan. 9, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. The 'Sleep Under The Stars' experience as well as the half- and full-board upgrades do not add extra nights to your stay and must be used in conjunction with an existing 7-night voucher.
Why We Love It
- Opened in late 2017, this 5-star resort was named named the Maldives' Leading Beach Resort at the 2019 World Travel Awards (the Oscars of the travel industry)
- It earns rave reviews from past guests, too, boasting a perfect score out of nearly 600 reviews on TripAdvisor and the publication's 2020 Travelers' Choice Award
- The resort itself sits on a private island with only 61 secluded villas on site — each of which is decked out with a private porch, plus an outdoor rainfall shower and bathtub
- Loads of on-site activities range from watersports and tennis to cooking and cocktail making classes, as well as sunset cruises and opportunities to check out marine life at three surrounding reefs (fees apply)
- Speaking of, you'll be next to a world-class dive site Fushifaru Thila, which is famed for its manta rays and large fish — the best time to spot wildlife is from September-November
- There are also five bars and restaurants, as well as specialty dining options — the real standout, though, is the seafood from Raakani Grill, which was named the Best Luxury Beachside Restaurant in the Indian Ocean at the 2020 World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Travelzoo Tip: Pair this deal with flights to the Maldives from eight U.S. at a whopping savings of $1800 on regular prices.
About the Destination
Located between the Arabian and Laccadive seas, the remote island nation of the Maldives is widely considered to have some of the best beaches in the world, with pristine white sand, clear turquoise water and world-class diving.
To reach the resort, guests will fly to Velana International Airport (MLE), and transfer via speedboat or sea plane to their resort.
Roundtrip seaplane transfers are $460 per adult and $276 for children (2-11) in 2021; in 2022, transfers are $470 per adult and $282 for children (2-11). Infants (0-1) fly free of charge. Transfers can be arranged with the hotel directly.
Additional Hotel Specific Charges: Hotel taxes and fees are included in the voucher price. A daily $6 green tax per person is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel.
Occupancy Rules: Rate is valid for single or double occupancy; maximum occupancy is two adults and two children or three adults. Third adult is $126 per person, per night including breakfast, extra bed and tax. Children (0-11) stay free with existing bedding or with an extra bed, inclusive of breakfast; US$6 per person, per night applies to green tax, payable direct to hotel. Extra bed requests must be made in advance.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email the resort at email@example.com. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out, so we highly recommend booking early to get your desired dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers to enhance perks. The 'Sleep Under The Stars' experience as well as the half- and full-board upgrades do not add extra nights to your stay and must be used in conjunction with an existing 7-night voucher.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
The 'Sleep Under The Stars' experience is subject to prevailing weather. Pre-booking is recommended due to limited availability. Should this experience be unavailable throughout your stay due to the weather, please contact Travelzoo to arrange for a refund after your stay is completed.
The Handhu platform lunch or dinner experience is also subject to prevailing weather. Pre-booking is recommended due to limited availability. Should this experience be unavailable throughout your stay, a replacement meal of equal value will be provided at the discretion of the resort.
COVID Entry and Re-entry Info: A mandatory PCR negative test result is currently required at Velana International Airport in the Maldives. Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. Fushifaru Maldives offers COVID-19 testing onsite; contact the resort for more details. Read CDC guidelines for returning to the U.S. here.