$12 – Half Off General Admission for 2 at New Downtown Museum
Why We Love This Deal
See one of the World's 10 Best New Museums (Fodor's): Save 50% at the American Writers Museum, located on Michigan Avenue.
- $12 for two General Admission Adult tickets (reg. $24)
See exhibits such as:
- The Wintrust Chicago Gallery, featuring Windy City poets, novelists, playwrights and journalists like Lorraine Hansberry and Nelson Algren
- A Nation of Writers, which tells the story of over 400 years of American writing history
- The Negaunee Foundation Children's Literature Gallery, illuminating milestone stories for American children and young adults
Why We Love It
- “This playful, thought-provoking museum encompasses the entire scope of American letters," from "novels, poetry and nonfiction books to potboilers, children's literature" and "even journalism” (Chicago Tribune)
- “The U.S. has never had a national monument to celebrate its own varied and diverse tradition -- until now” (Condé Nast Traveler)
- "Interactive touch screens and high-tech multimedia installations" include the “Word Waterfall," in which a "wall of … seemingly random words is revealed ... to contain resonant literary quotations” (The New York Times)
- Within walking distance of Millenium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago and more downtown destinations
- Earns a 5-star rating from over 300 TripAdvisor reviewers, in addition to TripAdvisor's 2019 Certificate of Excellence
Travelzoo Tip: Through this fall, check out the exhibit Bob Dylan: Electric, featuring the singer-songwriter's literature-inspired works like Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (1965).