$99 – Dinner at the Vanderbilt in Newport
The Vanderbilt Grill at The Vanderbilt
Why We Love This Deal
Sit down to an elegant meal at the Vanderbilt Grill, where "it's easy to imagine being part of the 1 percent here, even if it's only for dinner" (Rhode Island Monthly).
- For $99, get dinner for two (reg. $152)
- Two appetizers (up to $18 each)
- Two entrees (up to $36 each; members can pay pay the difference for the steak)
- One dessert to share (up to $12)
- Two cocktails (up to $16 each)
For $59, get weekend brunch for two (reg. $80)
- Two entrees (up to $18 each)
- One side to share ($8)
- Two breakfast cocktails (up to $18 each)
- Members can upgrade to bottomless rose for $10 (paid on-site directly to restaurant)
Why We Love It
- Rhode Island Monthly gives it a Good rating of 2.5 of 4 stars
- The menu features surf and turf options, with some items' profits being donated to charity
- Located in a Newport mansion built by Alfred Vanderbilt in the early 1900s
- Rated 4.7 stars on OpenTable after more than 450 reviews, which say its "romantic" and "Good for a Date"
Voucher can be redeemed immediately; dinner vouchers valid Wednesday-Sunday during merchant's dinner hours, 6-9 p.m.; brunch vouchers valid Saturday-Sunday during merchant's brunch hours, noon-3 p.m. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Upon arrival, present printed voucher or display in Travelzoo mobile app. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Limit 1 purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Not valid during special events, such as Restaurant Week. Valid for 2 diners only. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in 1 visit.
(22 Member Ratings)
(22 Member Ratings)
Food was excellent. Service was slacking and inattentive.
Upgrade quality of server staff.
vivian Apr 29, 2019 Jamaica Plain, USA
The food was exceptional +. When we first tasted each serving, the exclamation was, "Oh, wow!". The building was actually a gift to Cornelius Vanderbilt.
What will become, "Your new favorite restaurant".
Frank Apr 22, 2019 East Providence, USA
Food and service were excellent
Ann Apr 20, 2019 Lyynfield, USA
Food and service were excellent!
Timothy Apr 13, 2019 Providence, USA
The staff was incredible, from the hostess, to the server and the manager who gladly accepted our Travelzoo voucher even though it was Restaurant Week. We really appreciated the service and the food.
Claire Apr 08, 2019 Sandown, USA
Elegance and superb service.
John Mar 25, 2019 Lincoln, USA
Food and service
Stephen Mar 25, 2019 Wellesley, USA
Spectacular yet warm and comfortable setting, outstanding food, and fabulous service.
Can’t wait to return!
Paul Mar 19, 2019 Brewster, USA
The ambiance, food and the service.
Sheila Mar 19, 2019 Harrisville, USA
Great service all around!
Robyn Mar 18, 2019 West Newton, USA