$159 – Colonial New England Inn w/Breakfast & Wine
Why We Love This Deal
Less than an hour's drive from Boston, Groton is a treasure trove of historic manses, artisan-owned shops, vineyards and hiking trails spread across rolling hills in northwestern Massachusetts. This summer, Travelzoo members can stay in the heart of downtown while saving over $150 on nightly rates at a boutique hotel, dating back to the Colonial Era.
- Check in to a king or two queen room, daily through Sept. 26
- $159 per night ... Peabody Room — these are upgrades over standard rooms with more space and neighborhood or courtyard views
- $199 per night ... Endicott Room — these are even larger than Peabody Rooms, and feature separate seating areas — some overlook historic Gibbet Hill, too
- All guests receive complimentary grab-and-go breakfast
- Travelzoo member perk: One bottle of red or white wine is included with your stay ($36 value)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Why We Love It
- The hotel is among the oldest inns in the U.S.; it first opened its doors in 1678 and has hosted giants from American history like Paul Revere
- Nowadays, the hotel preserves its historic feels with charming touches like a roaring fireplace in the lobby and an enormous wrap-around porch, complete with rocking chairs
- Following a 2017 top-to-bottom reconstruction there are modern amenities, too, like heated floors in the bathrooms
- Per Thrillist, Forge & Vine on site is the "buzziest new restaurant" around Groton — here you'll find hearty dishes like wood-fired steaks and a stellar selection of oysters
- In the area, you'll also find tons of activities geared toward a family getaway or couples retreat, like the Rocky Hill Wildlife Sanctuary, historic Gibbet Hill Castle or Nashoba Valley Winery
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Travelzoo Tip: Check out the hotel's list of things to do in Groton when planning your trip — for adventurous guests, we suggest renting a canoe or kayak with Nashoba Paddlers (fees apply; contact the hotel for more details).
Cancellation policy: Until the voucher’s Promotional Value Expiration Date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. If you already booked your dates, simply cancel with the hotel at least 24 hours prior to arrival and contact Travelzoo for a refund. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Occupancy rules: Price based on up to two guests per room. Additional adults can stay for $45 more per night. Children 11 and under stay free of charge. Maximum occupancy of three guests sharing a king room or five guests sharing a two queen room.
Additional hotel specific charges: 11.7% tax is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. Parking is complimentary.
Other hotel policies: Accessible rooms are available at this hotel; contact the hotel directly for more details. This hotel is not pet friendly. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies.