$199 – Houston 5-Star Hotel thru August, Reg. $339
U.S. News & World Report named it the No. 1 Best Houston Hotel.
Hotel Granduca Houston has been the recipient of almost too many awards to count. This year and last year alone, it was named the No. 1 "Best Houston Hotel" by U.S. News & World Report, listed as a "Top 10 Houston Hotel" by Conde Nast Traveler and given the Forbes 4-Star designation. Travelzoo members can now experience the luxury first-hand with an exclusive deal, which saves 40%.
- Check in through Sept. 5
- $199 per night ... Superior Room, 535 square feet
- $229 per night ... Junior Suite, 625 square feet
- $249 per night ... Granduca 1-Bedroom Suite, 825 square feet
- Complimentary local Maserati car service, bottled water and Wi-Fi access (for all guests)
What you need to know:
- On May 31 and June 1, the only room type available is the Granduca Suite
- Room price based on up to two guests in the Superior Room or Junior Suite and three guests in the Granduca 1-Bedroom Suite
- Refundable price; book now and cancel within 48 hours of arrival to avoid penalties
- There is no resort fee
- Valet parking is $28 per night
Forbes compares a stay at this opulent hotel to traveling "to Italy without breaking out a passport." Located in Uptown, the property is across the highway from Memorial Park, and walking distance from high-end shopping and restaurants. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Galleria and 15 minutes from the Museum of Fine Arts and the Theater District. In all honesty, though, guests might not want to leave the hotel, as the rooms and suites provide fine Italian linens, terrycloth robes and views of the gardens or the pool. Ristorante Cavour serves Northern Italian cuisine and is best known for its elegant afternoon teas and Sunday Champagne brunches. Beds of tulips, cabanas and palm trees surround the heated saltwater pool, and the hotel’s staff ushers snacks and cocktails to guests sunning on padded wicker lounge chairs.
Book by June 5.