$199 & up – Moroccan-Inspired Palm Springs Hotel incl. $100 Credit
Stay through the end of year and receive a $100 spa credit per stay.
- Travel through September and stay in a Superior King room
- Rates from $199 per night
- Includes a $100 spa credit per stay
- +$50-$75 per night to upgrade to a Deluxe or Colony King room
What you need to know:
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Refundable price; book now and cancel at least 3 days prior to scheduled arrival for a full refund. Late cancellations are charged 1 night room + tax
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $35 per night; the fee covers self or valet parking, Wi-Fi, morning coffee service and bike rentals
- Pet-friendly; $100 extra per stay
Intimate and exotic, the 4-star boutique Colony Palms Hotel feels like Marrakesh -- but in the desert of California. Donning a white stucco exterior and three acres of land in trendy Palm Springs, Colony Palms has just 56 guest rooms and suites. Each is decked out in eclectic Moroccan decor and plush amenities, including pillowtop mattresses, Italian linens, down duvets and pillows and marble-topped bathroom vanities. Deluxe rooms and suites have unique touches like a claw-foot tubs and a fireplaces.
An open courtyard, surrounded by stunning mountain views, is home to the hotel’s outdoor heated pool. Nearby, guests can yell “fore” at the O’Donnell Golf Club or tap into their artistic sides at the Palm Springs Arts Museum; both are less than a three-minute drive away.
The hotel is steeped in history; its roots date back to the 1930s, when mobster Al Wertheimer built the Colonial House as a front for his casino and bar operation. Renamed the Howard Hotel, it was owned by Robert Stewart Howard (whose father owned championship racehorse Seabiscuit) and actress Andrea Leeds. Famous hotel guests included Frank Sinatra and Elizabeth Taylor.
Book by July 5.