$217 – See the Northern Lights: Yukon Hotel + Tour for 2
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Yukon vacations in prime northern lights season can be pricey, but this deal at Whitehorse's Best Western Gold Rush Inn saves you 30% on room-only packages and offers an option to add a tour to chase the bucket list-worthy aurora borealis.
“Canada’s Yukon Territory is a dramatic and surprisingly accessible escape to the north” — Forbes
- Stays in a Deluxe Queen or Deluxe Two Queen Room:
- $82 per night ... through Dec. 31
- Stays with aurora borealis viewing tour for two (reg. $188):
- $217 per night ... Oct. 22 - Dec. 31
- The tour includes van transfers, an English-speaking guide, one night of guided aurora watching in a heated wall tent or log cabin, hot drinks, snacks and campfire
Travelzoo Tip: Read our guide to the Yukon to help you plan your trip.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made 24 hours before arrival
- Price based on a maximum of two guests sharing a room
- Aurora borealis tour needs to be booked two weeks in advance; additional persons (adult or children) above double occupancy are $71 each
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Free shuttle to and from Whitehorse International Airport
- Aveda-approved hair salon and day spa within the hotel
- Located along Main Street, steps away from various restaurants, shopping and attractions such as the S.S. Klondike National Historic Site
In the heart of downtown Whitehorse, this historic hotel is steps away from shopping and local restaurants. The MacBride Museum of Yukon History and North End Gallery are both a seven-minute walk from the hotel. Explore the surrounding region and learn more about the heritage and culture of the local community.
Venture into the outdoors by hitting the trails in a dogsled, ice fishing on a frozen lake or taking a soak in geothermal waters at Takhini Hot Pools, only a 30-minute drive away. At night, be sure to catch a tour to witness the natural phenomenon of the northern lights.
After a day out exploring, relax with a drink at the hotel’s cocktail lounge or at the famous Gold Pan Saloon, which often hosts live music shows. You can also unwind at the hotel’s Aveda-approved salon and spa with a facial or massage, or get a workout in at the fitness centre.
Kitchenettes are available in one- and two-bedroom suites, equipped with basic kitchenware.
This pet-friendly hotel also gives you the option to bring your four-legged best friends (fee of $30 per day applies, limited to one dog per suite). All guests receive free high-speed Wi-Fi and parking.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: C$25 plus tax, per night.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at C$30 plus tax per pet per night. Maximum one dog per room.
Maximum weight: 80 pounds.
Guests must advise hotel of pet ahead of arrival.
Maximum one dog per room.
Please note that at the advice of local health authorities, hotel services may be temporarily closed; our Fitness Centre and complimentary airport shuttle has temporarily ceased operations.
$217 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.