$112 – Kootenays: English Country Manor Retreat, Reg. $225
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Get a final taste of the summer sun and long evenings with this last-minute deal that saves 50% on stays at Wedgwood Manor, an idyllic English country house set against a dramatic mountain backdrop near Kootenay Lake.
- $112 per night ... accommodations for two people in a Manor Suite
- All guests get complimentary English continental breakfast
Travelzoo tip: Pack your slippers: The Manor house floors are over 100 years old, so no outdoor shoes are allowed.
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults (ages 16+) can stay for $38 more per night. Please contact the hotel directly if you would like to add a third adult to the reservation
- The Wedgwood Manor guests must be ages 16 and up
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary,
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Set on a 6-acre estate on Kootenay Lake's East Shore
- Guests get afternoon treats like scones with clotted cream or fresh baked cookies, as well as night-cap sherry and evening access to the pantry
- Manor rooms are individually decorated in-keeping with the properties' antique character
- This folksy abode was originally built in 1910 as a retirement home for Charles Darwin's niece
- Rooms have private baths and views of the glacier-covered mountains or gardens
Built in 1910, Wedgwood Manor was originally a retirement home for Royal Navy officer James Matthew Harrison and his wife, Lady Lucy Caroline Wedgwood, the niece of Charles Darwin and daughter of the founder of world-famous Wedgwood China.
The tranquil location in Crawford Bay, paired with the special touches make a stay here stand out from the crowd.
Guests are greeted with a welcome toast of non-alcoholic sparkling cider, fresh made ice tea or an alcohol-free drink of your choice.
Expect impromptu activities like fireside chats with s’mores, afternoon high tea, movie nights under the stars, outdoor yoga or classes with local artists.
Suites are designed with luxury in mind, uniquely decorated to reflect the manors' historic charm. Expect a lounge or living area, a private bath, an electric fireplace and views of either the Kokanee glacier, gardens, forest or the original outbuildings.
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- Steam Room
- Express check-in / checkout
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Adults Only Property.
Please contact the hotel directly if you would like to add a 3rd adult to the reservation.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$112 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.