Best Western Burnley West Higher Trapp Hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- This country hotel has an elevated position with views over the Lancashire countryside, and is surrounded by terraced gardens within its own 36-acre parkland
- The Elizabethan country house of Gawthorpe Hall is just over 10 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Nearby Pendle Hill and the Forest of Bowland are prime walking areas; local routes include the Trail of the Pendle Witches
- Follow in the footsteps of JRR Tolkien, who found inspiration here for The Lord of the Rings tales -- start at Hurst Green (around 25 minutes' drive away) and walk the 5.5-mile circular trail exploring the Ribble Valley
- The secluded ruins of Wycoller Hall is 30 minutes away by car -- it is thought to be the inspiration for Ferndean Manor in Charlotte Brontë's novel Jane Eyre
Best Western Burnley West Higher Trapp Hotel is a traditional hotel overlooking the pleasant Lancashire countryside, surrounded by terraced gardens within its own 36-acre parkland on the slopes of Pendle Hill. It is near the Forest of Bowland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, providing a comfortable base for a walking holiday.
You can embark on a rewarding hike along the 45-mile Pendle Way footpath. The route is divided into eight sections, the closest of which is around nearby Newchurch-in-Pendle and Barley, within a 15-minute drive from the hotel. The area covers a variety of terrains, ranging from rugged millstone moorland to limestone meadows, and there are quaint villages and hamlets along the way associated with the Brontë sisters and the 17th-century trials of the Pendle Witches. The Elizabethan country house of Gawthorpe Hall is just over 10 minutes' drive from the hotel. You can take a stroll through the gardens with views over the River Calder, visit the Gawthorpe Textile Collection or sample some cake in the tea room
Back in the hotel, leather sofas and ornate ceilings create a warm, friendly atmosphere. You can relax in the conservatory or sit outside and take in the views from the terrace when the sun is out. Fitzy's Bar & Restaurant has floor-to-ceiling windows and offers "local classics and more adventurous dishes", says The AA.
Standard Rooms are furnished in traditional style and have a double bed with crisp cotton sheets. All rooms come with large flatscreen TVs and free high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per day. Dogs only. Please contact the Hotel prior to arrival if you are travelling with a dog.
Dogs only. Please contact the Hotel prior to arrival if you are travelling with a dog.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(69 Member Ratings)