Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
Why We Love It
- Prime location in the Gaslamp Quarter puts guests walking distance from popular attractions
- This historic property preserves 1920's details with chic, modern interiors
- The area called THE LOBBY features a restaurant and public space
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access in guest rooms
"Walk back in time" -- Gayot
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The historic building that once housed San Diego Trust & Savings Bank is now home to Courtyard Marriott San Diego Downtown. While it has retained some of its historic look and feel, particularly on the exterior, the rooms and public spaces on the interior are a combination of modern and 1920s details. An area of the hotel called THE LOBBY is an ideal location for meeting a client for a business meeting or having dinner and cocktails during a vacation. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and specializes in savory California cuisine.
A stay in the Gaslamp Quarter puts guests near many desirable attractions such as Balboa Park -- home to the San Diego Museum of Art and Air & Space Museum. If the beach beckons, popular sports like Coronado Island are less than a 20-minute drive. In the morning, walk to the nearest coffee shop, and then head to the marina to tour the USS Midway Museum.
After a day touring the city and hitting all the hot spots in the Gaslamp Quarter, relax in a guest room with conveniences such as a mini-fridge, microwave and complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- “Guests here get to walk back in time while enjoying the modern comforts. The rooms and suites have been renovated in mauves, whites and purples that lend a modern feel, and the views of the city and bay light up rooms as well” -- Gayot
- “Spacious rooms occupy the former offices [of the bank building], connected by hallways of vintage marble” -- Lonely Planet
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 0.00 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.