The Marcel at Gramercy
Why We Love It
- The staff is incredibly friendly and the charming residential location is good for those seeking a quiet, less touristy stay
- Three blocks east of Madison Square Park and gourmand destinations like Eataly and Shake Shack
- The tony neighborhood around Gramercy Park -- the city's only private park -- is filled with historic townhomes
- A chic lobby with fireplace greets guests, and rooms are clean and colorful though a tad snug
- Around the corner, Third Avenue hosts rows of bars for every taste and budget
“Ambiance that oozes hipster cool” -- New York Magazine
100% (10 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Stylish stays in New York often take place away from the obvious neighborhoods of Times Square and Midtown. The Marcel at Gramercy tucks into a particularly chic and historic neighborhood that's still only a short distance from tourist draws.
Gramercy Park, the city's only private park, is four blocks away, surrounded by luxe townhomes and apartment buildings. Also about four blocks away, the prow of the Flatiron Building abuts leafy Madison Square Park, home to Shake Shack and neighbor to Eataly.
The hotel dresses itself up to match the pedigree of the neighborhood, starting with the cozy lobby fireplace. Fashionable furnishings like tufted leather sofas, abstract tapestries, velvet drapes, and zebra-print throw pillows swim along with calming neutral tones in the rooms.
- "The Marcel's prime location in Manhattan's trendy Gramercy district and its proximity to both Midtown and Downtown will keep you out of the room for most of your stay, anyway” -- New York Magazine
- "Both style and substance in a prime location" -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
$10 for 24 hours: charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request in the King & Deluxe Double Double rooms only: free of charge for children under 2. Extra beds not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.