$139-$149 – San Diego: Shelter Island Waterfront Hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
You don't have to leave the mainland for a tropical-feeling getaway — head to this Hawaiian-inspired hotel on San Diego's Shelter Island instead and save up to 35% on regular rates into spring.
- Check in to a Standard King or Two Queen room
- $139-$149 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays, through May 21
- $139-$189 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays, through May 16
- Waived self-parking (reg. $18)
- Waived resort fee (reg. $15 plus tax) that covers bike rentals, Wi-Fi, cover charge at BackStage Live and 20% off at Humphreys Restaurant
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; additional adults are $10 more per person, per night
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Hawaiian décor and laid-back vibe make it feel like a tropical getaway
- Located on 1.2-mile-long Shelter Island, with views of the marina and bay
- Downtown San Diego, the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld are all within a 20-minute drive
Located on beautiful Shelter Island, around the bay from downtown San Diego, Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites feels like a tropical getaway with a relaxed Hawaiian style and laid-back vibe.
Resort-like in ambiance, the lush property sits on its own palm-fringed private marina, with direct access to a waterfront walking-and-bike path that runs the length of the island. The protected bay is peaceful and calm, making it a prime spot for water sports like kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding. The resort includes a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar.
The tropical theme flows through to guest rooms, with plantation-style wood ceilings and shutters and tasteful contemporary décor. During the summer, Humphreys Concerts by the Bay hosts a series of live performances at the outdoor theater. Humphreys Restaurant — named for Humphrey Bogart — offers waterfront dining and a Sunday Champagne brunch, and there's live music nightly at Backstage Live, a music and mixology venue on property.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request, for older children and adults: $10 plus tax per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$10 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Car park fee: $18 plus tax per night. This fee includes:
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal" , Travelzoo members are eligible for: complimentary parking.
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal" , Travelzoo members are eligible for: waived resort fee.
A resort/facility fee of $15 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$139 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(67 Member Ratings)