Why We Love It
- Complimentary valet parking and Wi-Fi access
- Located in the Entertainment District of Old Strathcona
- Walking distance to restaurants and boutiques
- Complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning as well as evening wine tastings most evenings
“Old-world country style” -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Tucked off Whyte Avenue, Varscona Hotel is in the heart of Old Strathcona among the pubs and shops of the historic area. Within a short drive from the hotel, find the University of Alberta, University of Alberta Hospital and the attractions of Edmonton.
Before heading out for the day, take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast spread that includes pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. In the evenings (with the exception of Sundays), the hotel hosts a wine tasting for guests.
After time spent exploring the town, retire to a guest room where pillow-top mattresses and cozy spa bathrobes await. Check in with friends and colleagues using complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- “With an old-world country style, including plush handmade pillows in every room, the Varscona strikes a contemporary balance” -- Frommer’s
- “Plush Old Strathcona boutique hotel, with every thinkable business amenity and many luxuries” -- Rough Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (maximum weight 40lbs, maximum of two pets per room) and will be charged CAD$20 nonrefundable cleaning fee per night on checkout.
Fees: A nightly 3% (subject to tax) Destination Marketing Fee will be added to the nightly rate.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.