Why We Love It
- The original owner gave it Tudoresque touches, like wood beams and stained-glass windows
- Guests will find complimentary amenities like European continental breakfast, English tea service and Wi-Fi access
- The hotel has programs for both kids and pets to make them feel welcome
- Complimentary bicycle rentals make it easy to roam the local area
"Proper English charm" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
Whether you're visiting the St. Louis area to get an up-close view of The Arch or for a business meeting with an important client, the British-inspired Cheshire will meet your needs with both its location and offerings. The hotel is located in the upscale suburb of Clayton, near Fortune 500 companies and Shaw Park -- home to tree-lined walking trails, swimming spots and a seasonal ice skating rink.
Start the day off with a European continental breakfast including hot items, pastries and beverages. For guests looking to stay in shape on the road, visit the Wellness Center where cycling machines and iPod-ready treadmill and elliptical machines will help you carry through on fitness goals.
From May-September, weather permitting, the cabana-lined outdoor pool is an ideal hang-out spot. Pool-goers sip refreshing cocktails while listening to live music. With four on-site dining options, and entrees like wood-fired pizza and braised beef short rib, foodies will find a variety of palate-pleasing selections without ever leaving the hotel.
Take advantage of free amenities like Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Company sweets, British tea service and rental bicycles. Guest rooms feature complimentary Wi-Fi, comfy pillow-top beds and vintage works of art. Some rooms have views of the pool or Clayton Courtyard.
- “This Tudor-style hotel, built in 1969, is a romantic getaway within walking distance of Forest Park” -- Fodor’s
- “Characterized by English-inspired decor, including 18th-century antiques and accents, The Cheshire earns rave reviews from recent visitors for its warm atmosphere and comfortable accommodations” -- U.S. News & World Report
- “Proper English charm may be unexpected in St. Louis, but the Cheshire delivers it in spades” -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children 18 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Pack 'n Play available on request: $15 per night for children under 2. Extra bed available on request and in king bed rooms only: $15 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $30 per stay on checkout. Includes dog bed, food and water bowl for use/borrow, comp treats; all based on availability.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Seasonal closure: the outdoor pool is closed September-May.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.