The Royal Sands Koh Rong Resort
Why We Love It
- Newly open in April this year
- Located on a 550m stretch of private beach
- There are no fast-food chains or shopping centers on this relatively untouched island
- Koh Rong's pristine bay provides perfect conditions for one of the ocean’s strangest natural phenomena - bioluminescent plankton
- Travel + Leisure Asia says that once you arrive on Koh Rong, you will "be overcome with the feeling that you have arrived at that secret sweet spot we all crave on our travels"
Map & Directions
Besides taking a domestic flight from Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, you can also fly from multiple cities in China via Hainan Airlines or from Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia.
To get to the island from the airport, it's a 30-min drive to Sihanoukville port then an hour long boat ride from it's port.
Scheduled return boat transfers worth $160 for two are included with the offer. Shared transfer to & from Sihanoukville airport & the port can be booked through the resort for $18 per person each way.
Scheduled transfers depart from the resort at 9.30am and 2pm and leaves Sihanouk Ville Port at 11.45am and 4pm.