Why We Love It
- Named one of the best places to stay in Tacoma by Forbes Travel Guide
- There's a museum-worthy collection of glass art from artists like local Dale Chihuly
- The Tacoma Museum of Art and Museum of Glass, along with smaller galleries and studios, are a few blocks away
- Superb service is a staple here, with extras like an assorted pillow menu, dog treats and free Wi-Fi
"Part luxury boutique hotel, part contemporary art museum" -- Forbes Travel Guide
Rooms & Rates
Sky-lit ceilings, bright pops of neon, and a gallery-worthy collection of glass-blown art greet guests at the 4-star Hotel Murano in Tacoma. Many visitors to the area find themselves down the street at the Tacoma Art Museum or the Museum of Glass, but the hotel itself is a world-class treasury of modern art.
Pass by a 75-foot-tall glass sculpture and beneath a Venetian chandelier and a trio of colored glass Viking boats suspended in the lobby to get to guest room floors, each of which are illuminated by the works of 45 celebrated artists, such as Tacoma native Dale Chihuly. Guests can wander the collection on their own or arrange for a docent-led tour to see them all.
Guest rooms are more subdued with crisp white bedding and only touches of color, plus extra perks like curated Spotify playlists and an assorted pillow menu. Doggies get pampered too, with toys and treats, pet room service and grooming, and tips on the best pet-friendly hikes -- the striking snow-capped peak of Mount Rainier is an hour away.
Northwest cuisine delivers at BITE, the hotel restaurant that serves up three meals a day plus small bites and cocktails. There’s a full-service spa and salon on site, and Tacoma’s downtown area along the waterfront is a five-minute walk away. The neighborhood is on the quiet side, a 40-minute drive from downtown Seattle. Chambers Bay Golf Course, home of the 2015 U.S. Open, is 20 minutes west.
- "Bold colors and sleek metals infuse public spaces with style and energy" -- Fodor's
- "Hotel Murano is part luxury boutique hotel, part contemporary art museum located in the center of downtown Tacoma" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a $45 one-time nonrefundable fee. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.