$104 – Vancouver Island Storm-Watching Stay, 35% Off
Escape to Vancouver Island, renowned for its rugged beauty and orca watching, with a stay in one of Sooke Harbour House's "bright rustic-elegant guest rooms" (Frommer's), now 35% cheaper than usual.
- $104 per night, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, Jan. 19 - April 30; +$40 per night for Thursday-Saturday arrivals
- All guests get a decanter of blackberry port in their room on arrival, free Wi-Fi and parking
- All stays require a two-night minimum stay
- Note: Sooke Harbour House Restaurant is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
"Splendid and luxurious" -- Fodor's
Why We Love It
- Recently renovated beachfront rooms with private balconies, unique decor and handcrafted furniture
- On-site restaurant is the recipient of OpenTable Diners' Choice 2016 Award
- The hotel is home to one of the largest public art collections on Vancouver Island
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking is available for all guests
Overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Sooke Harbour House is renowned for its rugged beauty and orca watching. Guests can be seen strolling and sampling the expansive edible gardens.
Art thrives at this hotel: The interior is bedecked with paintings and works of more than 150 local artists. The on-site art gallery is open daily and entry is free. Artwork can also be purchased at the gift shop. After perusing the gallery, get in on the beachfront action just steps away from the hotel, where sea lions and otters are frequently seen sunbathing.
The acclaimed Sooke Harbour House Restaurant was the recipient of the 2016 OpenTable Diners' Choice Award. The menu changes daily to keep things fresh, and ingredients are local and organic. The Copper Room has an open fireplace and is open daily for brunch, lunch and dinner.
Each individually decorated room offers views of the ocean from a private balcony, soaker tubs and wood-burning fireplaces.
- “[Sooke Harbour House] has earned an international reputation for the warmth of its welcome, the quality of its food and lodging, and the drama of its vistas” -- Frommer’s
- "Art, food, and gardens work together seamlessly at one of Canada's best-loved country inns" -- Fodor's
In room spa services available.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Standard Time is 12pm. If traveling with a pet, checkout time is 11am.
If traveling with a pet, checkout time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Aged 18 and above are charged at CA$50 (subject to tax) each per night. Some rooms also have queen size hide-a-beds free of charge. All charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Crib/Pack n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Aged 18 and above are charged at CA$50 (subject to tax) each per night. Some rooms also have queen size hide-a-beds free of charge. All charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request in all guest rooms and are charged at CA$40 (subject to tax) for the first night and CA$20 (subject to tax) for subsequent nights. Room damage must be paid for. If traveling with a pet, check out is at 11:00am. All charges will be added to your bill directly at hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Food Service: Our fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week during the Spring and Summer, and Thursday to Monday during the Fall and Winter. The new Copper Room Bistro is open all day, every day for beverages and food service in a more relaxed environment.
$104 / night
When You Can Go
Jan. 19 - April 30
Getting ThereSooke Harbour House is approximately an hour’s drive from the Victoria International airport. It is also easily accessible from the mainland on BC Ferries or from the U.S. on the Seattle-Victoria Clipper. Alternatively from Anacortes, WA, take Kenmore Air to Sidney, Vancouver Island, or take the I-5 to Port Angeles and hop on the Blackball Ferry.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(84 Member Ratings)