$139 & up – Saratoga Springs 4-Star Resort w/$65 in Extras
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Set at the base of the Adirondack Mountains, Saratoga Springs is known for its world-class horse racing, healing, mineral-rich springs, and miles of hiking and biking trails. Through August, members can retreat to the only hotel located within Saratoga State Park and save up to 35%, including exclusive extras.
- Check in to a Deluxe King, Queen or Two-Queen Room, most dates through August — these upgraded rooms have more space than standard rooms
- $139-$169 per night ... Sundays-Thursdays
- $199-$239 per night ... Fridays-Saturdays
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Waived daily resort fee (reg. $25), which covers shuttle service to downtown, use of the pool, lawn games, sports equipment for tennis, putting and disc golf, Wi-Fi and more
- A $40 credit to the Roosevelt Baths & Spa, per stay
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- The resort fee does not apply on stays through May 27, members who stay May 28 - Aug. 31 would regularly be required to pay this daily fee (reg. $25), but it is waived with this offer; The fee covers shuttle service to downtown, use of the pool, lawn games, sports equipment for tennis, putting and disc golf, Wi-Fi and more
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This hotel has some serious prestige: it's the only lodging within Saratoga Spa State Park; FDR was a regular visitor to the on-site mineral baths, which bear his name to this day
- The hotel also has a full-service spa, where you can book a variety of treatments like massages, facials, scrubs and body wraps
- There are loads of other activities within the state park, too, like tennis, hiking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing, all spread over more than 2,000 wooded acres
- It's just a 10-minute drive into town, where you'll find upscale bars and restaurants alongside stately homes and Victorian mansions
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
First opened in 1935, and named after one of Saratoga Springs' founders, the Gideon Putnam is a stately five-story Georgian Revival-style hotel with an impressive lineage and fittingly tony amenities: For instance, you can indulge in naturally fed mineral baths at the on-site spa, originally built to aid FDR in his lifelong battle with polio.
Guest rooms feel bright and elegant thanks to their mint-and-cream color palette offset by hardwood furnishings. They also come with modern necessities like HDTVs, Keurig coffee makers and Wi-Fi.
The hotel is located in Saratoga Spa State Park, surrounded by more than 2,000 acres of natural beauty, where guests can hike, bike and explore. Other attractions within walking distance include the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame. The downtown shopping district, filled with lovely boutiques and shops tucked between eclectic restaurants and bars, is just a short drive away.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates are based on double occupancy.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: $15 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Maximum of 1 crib/pack 'n play or extra bed per room.
Rates are based on double occupancy.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $50 plus tax per pet per night. Pet-friendly rooms are available on the first floor only.
Pet-friendly rooms are available on the first floor only.
A resort/facility fee of $25 per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort/ facility fee applies for stays between May 28 - September 5 and includes:
Note: The resort/ facility fee is waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
The resort/ facility fee applies for stays between May 28 - September 5 and includes:
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Advance reservations are required for the mineral baths.
Please call the spa at 800-452-7275 ext. 4 to make a reservation.
Advance reservations are required for the mineral baths.
$139 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.