$121 – 2-nt Cumbria country house getaway w/meals, 44% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
A 2-night stay at Nent Hall Country Hotel in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is now less than $31 per person, per night. This offer saves up to 44% on usual prices.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Four-Poster Room or a Superior Four-Poster Room (subject to availability on booking), with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course dinner each on the first night (up to the value of £22 per person; served in the adjoining Coach House Inn pub 6-8:30pm seven days a week, or in the Valley View Restaurant on Friday-Saturday only, at times set by the hotel depending on occupancy)
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra $15
Why We Love This Hotel
- This traditional, ivy-clad lodging is surrounded by tranquil gardens in a quiet corner of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- The scenic countryside of the North Pennines is a prime area for walking, birdwatching, stargazing and other activities
- The lively town centre and the 14th-century castle of Penrith is 40 minutes away by car, while Ullswater -- the Lake District's second-largest lake – is around 50 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Built between 122-128 AD, Hadrian's Wall "was one of Rome's greatest engineering projects" (Lonely Planet) -- it is a 50-minute drive away
Nent Hall Country Hotel offers country house accommodation in a picturesque rural setting. Located off a tree-lined road, the hotel occupies an ivy-clad building with an elegant brick façade. It's a short walk from the banks of the River Nent and a 5-minute drive from Alston, known for its cobbled streets and 17th-century stone buildings.
The 14th-century Penrith Castle is approximately 40 minutes away by car, while Ullswater in the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall are around 50 minutes' drive from the hotel.
There's a cosy feel to Nent Hall Country Hotel's interiors, which include a lounge area with plush sofas and antique furnishings. The Coach House Inn serves hearty meals and features a wood-panelled bar and a fireplace, and the Valley View Restaurant is open for dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings. The hotel's peaceful garden is dotted with patio areas and picnic tables.
Standard Four-Poster Rooms are decorated in neutral tones with richly patterned fabrics and ornate bedsteads, and have free Wi-Fi, TVs, DVD players, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. Superior Four-Poster Rooms are larger and offer similar furnishings.
- Infant cots / cribs
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 and under.
Extra bedding not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
£25 per stay for children 3 to 12.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 44% off
$61 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(120 Member Ratings)