About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- Featured in Travel + Leisure's It List in 2017
- Each room is decorated with contemporary and indigenous materials and a unique painting or picture by acclaimed Bolivian artist Gaston Ugalde
- Coca tea and oxygen offered to acclimate guests to the elevation
- Located in a quiet residential neighborhood with easy access to public transportation
- Travelzoo Tip: Check out our blog on why you should stay at Atix next time you visit La Paz.
Atix Hotel is the first 4.5-star boutique hotel in La Paz, located in a quiet residential area of the city. The facade is clad in native Bolivian wood and local Comanche stone, as used on La Paz pavements in the 1920s and '30s. Floor-to-ceiling windows inside make for good views of the surrounding Andean valleys.
The lobby staff is bilingual and offers oxygen bottles for guests struggling to acclimate to the elevation. Rooms are spacious and include alpaca blankets made by Bolivian artisans, bathrooms with rain showers and locally made bath amenities, and complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. The Atix Suite has light fixtures controlled by iPad, floor-to-ceiling windows, a separate lounge and dining area and a private terrace with stunning views. There are a small gym, a dry and wet sauna, a hot tub and an infinity pool on the roof.
Every morning, Ona restaurant serves a complimentary buffet breakfast that includes fresh juices, espresso coffee, quinoa and local cereals, warm cheesy bread and eggs made to order. The rooftop bar, +591 Bar, serves craft cocktails created especially for Atix.