The Sam Houston Hotel
Why We Love It
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Extremely convenient downtown location
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access in guest rooms
- The restaurant employs a farm-to-fork philosophy
“Decidedly modern” -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Just like its namesake, The Sam Houston Hotel offers historical significance and is a keystone in the downtown area. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and has stood in its current spot since the early 20th century. The interior is modern, yet retains a historic air and significance. Today the hotel is surrounded by landmarks and major corporations.
Hop aboard the complimentary shuttle service, which takes guests within a three-mile radius of the hotel to search out the entertainment and shopping opportunities that abound in this section of Houston. Baseball fans rejoice as Minute Maid Park, home to the Houston Astros, is less than a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Rise and shine each morning with breakfast at *17, which serves American cuisine created with locally sourced ingredients. Lunch and dinner are also served. After a long day, hit up The Sam Bar, which offers appetizers and a classic bar menu.
All of the guest rooms and suites were redesigned in 2013. Following check-in, guests can kick back in a room with luxurious linens and a pillowtop mattress. Complimentary Wi-Fi makes it a cinch to check work email or keep in touch with family and friends.
- “It's modern, yes, but it's also easily the most elegant, comfortable hotel lobby in town” -- Travel + Leisure
- “The location is great, just 2 blocks from the ballpark and Main Street” -- Frommer’s
- “The hotel's restaurant, 17, is just as modern and attracts a hip international crowd of epicures hungry for contemporary American food” -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Complimentary chauffeur service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge. Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $50 per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.