$125 & up – Wilmington's Iconic HOTEL DU PONT incl. Valet
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Steeped in history and tradition, the iconic HOTEL DU PONT is Wilmington's crown jewel. Celebrate springtime at Longwood Gardens or catch a jazz festival this summer, all while saving an average of $220 per night — this includes complimentary macaroons and valet parking.
- Stay in a Classic Room through August
- $125-$149 per night ...Thursday-Sunday
- $199-$229 per night ... Monday-Wednesday
- Valet parking (reg. $30)
- Signature macaroons (reg. $15)
- Upgrades to a larger, Luxury King room start at +$20 per night, based on availability
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This area combines rich American history with trendy restaurants, a vibrant craft beer scene and a popular riverfront
- The 4.5-star hotel has been the heart of the city's social and cultural scene for more than 100 years
- Located in downtown Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley, this hotel was built in 1913 by French and Italian craftsman who carved and painted much of the noteworthy features by hand
- Longwood Gardens, voted one of the best botanical gardens in the country by USA Today, is just a 25-minute drive
Since 1913, HOTEL DU PONT, an Historic Hotel of America, has hosted such luminaries as Prince Rainier of Monaco, President John F. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt. This 4.5-star property is the grand dame of Delaware hotels and sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
Guests are welcomed into a lavish lobby that radiates “old school glamour” (Conde Nast Traveler). Everything from the painted ceiling, furnishings and marble walls is posh and art-inspired. Classic King rooms, at 300 square feet, are cozy and styled with Old-World European decor. Upgraded rooms feature a separate sitting area and deep soaking tubs. All rooms come equipped with free premium Wi-Fi. There’s a 24-hour fitness center on site for all guests to use. The hotel also offers a free car service to and from the downtown Amtrak train station, based on availability and advance notice.
Known for impeccable food and service, the Green Room is a must-visit; this on-site restaurant has earned many awards, including the state's only AAA 4-Diamond award for a restaurant. The Lobby Lounge is also open for casual afternoon tea, light fare or happy hour, with live tunes on the grand piano.
The city of Wilmington is small, but it has a vibrant arts and social scene with restaurants, tax-free shopping, and museums and art galleries nearby. The Winterthur Museum and Gardens, a 15-minute drive away, is home to 700 acres of gardens, woodlands and a museum. The nearby Playhouse on Rodney Square is a famed theater dating back to 1913; it hosts national Broadway performances, comedies and concerts. Be sure to visit the palatial Nemours Estate, located just a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$50 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $100 plus tax per pet per day.
Maximum weight: 25 pounds.
Valet service fee: $30 plus tax per day. When booking the Travelzoo Deal, Travelzoo members are eligible for: complimentary valet parking
Car park fee: $25 plus tax per day.
When booking the Travelzoo Deal, Travelzoo members are eligible for: complimentary valet parking
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$125 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(184 Member Ratings)