$189-$199 – Sonoma: Elegant Inn incl. VIP Wine Tasting
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
This 4.5-star Sonoma Valley hideaway saves Travelzoo members up to 40% and provides $100 in extras. Travel + Leisure has dubbed Gaige House + Ryokan "a Zen-style oasis smack in the middle of wine country."
Last-minute travelers should consider the luxurious Ryokan suites, with a private Japanese garden, fireplace, oversize granite tub and Japanese delicacies like mochi, sake and organic green tea, which are 30% off through October and include a 60-minute massage (reg. $135).
“An atmospheric place to tuck in for the weekend” -- Forbes
- Stay in a Deluxe Queen or King room
- $189-$199 per night ... check in Sunday-Thursday, November-April
- $239-$249 per night ... check in Friday-Saturday, November-April
- Ryokan Suites are also discounted
- Bonus: Book a luxurious Ryokan Suite through October starting at $469 and receive a complimentary 60-minute massage (reg. $135, Sunday-Thursday only)
- November-April stays:
- Complimentary VIP wine tasting for two at En Garde Winery ($50 value)
- Two $25 spa credits (one credit per treatment)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; rooms cannot accommodate more than two guests
- Children ages 5 and under stay free; there is a $25 plus tax charge for children ages 6-17
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel 7 days prior to arrival date for a refund
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $25 plus tax per night; the fee covers gourmet daily breakfast for two that includes a hot entrée and fresh pastries; guest passes to Parkpoint Health Club Sonoma, featuring state-of-the-art workout facilities, fitness classes and more; Wi-Fi; water and soft drinks; evening cordial bar with premium ports, sake and sherry; and a nightly Magic Hour featuring wine paired with a cheese tasting
- Parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly (fees apply)
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Elegant inn housed in one of the area’s oldest homes, built in 1890
- Stays include breakfast, evening wine hour, freshly baked cookies, Wi-Fi and parking
- Less than five-minute walk from some of Glen Ellen’s top-rated restaurants
Nestled on 1.5 landscaped acres along the Calabazas Creek in the village of Glen Ellen, Gaige House + Ryokan offers a serene setting, including newly designed indoor and outdoor common spaces, where relaxation is the focus.
After a day of sightseeing or wine tasting, guests can take a dip in the heated outdoor pool, relax in the hot tub, sip wine or sake by a fireplace on the Moon or Sun Decks or read a book in the sitting room.
All accommodations, outfitted in simple, elegant shades of cream, black and white, feature dark wood furniture, bamboo and rattan accents and modern necessities like Wi-Fi. For an upgraded experience, book a Ryokan Suite, with a private Japanese garden, fireplace, oversize granite tub and Japanese delicacies like mochi, sake and organic green tea.
Thoughtful touches include daily breakfast buffet and wine and cheese in the sitting room each evening. Throughout the day, guests can nibble on freshly baked cookies or sip port -- both are always available on a sideboard in the entryway. Stays also include an evening cordial bar with port, sherry and sake.
Three of the town’s best restaurants are within five minutes of the hotel: the Fig Café, sister property for Sonoma’s renowned The Girl and the Fig; the Glen Ellen Star, serving garden-to-table cuisine; and Glen Ellen Inn, a popular oyster and martini bar. The hotel is within a half mile of Sonoma Valley Regional Park and less than 2 miles from Jack London State Historic Park as well as Quarryhill Botanical Garden.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. If you plan to arrive before 3:00 pm, you may park in the parking lot; your luggage can be stored pending check-in.
If you plan to arrive after 8:00 pm, please call the property at 707-935-0237 to coordinate your check-in with the overnight manager
If you plan to arrive before 3:00 pm, you may park in the parking lot; your luggage can be stored pending check-in.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 5 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Gaige House is designed to provide a quiet and restful retreat for guests seeking relaxation and privacy. In order to most fully enjoy your vacation, please speak to the innkeeper about which guestroom would be best should you be traveling with a child.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
**Please note rooms for the Travelzoo Deal are for 2 guests only**
Gaige House is designed to provide a quiet and restful retreat for guests seeking relaxation and privacy. In order to most fully enjoy your vacation, please speak to the innkeeper about which guestroom would be best should you be traveling with a child.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of $100 plus tax, per stay will be charged upon arrival. An advance dog reservation is required We will provide a dog bed, feeding bowls, a miniature bento box with sushi dog treat, and gourmet dog treats.
Pets are allowed on request.
A service animal, as acknowledged by the American with Disabilities Act, is welcome to accompany their owner while staying at the inn.
An advance dog reservation is required We will provide a dog bed, feeding bowls, a miniature bento box with sushi dog treat, and gourmet dog treats.
A resort/facility fee of $25 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee (with tax is $28.55) includes:
This fee (with tax is $28.55) includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Please contact the hotel after booking your reservation to provide your full contact details including an email address and telephone number.
$189 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(29 Member Ratings)