Barnett Hill Country House Hotel
Why We Love It
- This 4-star hotel is in the pretty village of Wonersh, Surrey, which has a collection of half-timbered Tudor buildings
- It's set in 26 acres of colourful gardens and wooded paths
- The fine-dining Oak Room Restaurant holds two AA Rosettes and serves classic British dishes
- Guildford, with its historic buildings, museums and art galleries, is 10 minutes' drive away
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
This "beautiful" property with "lovingly maintained gardens and woodland" (The AA) dates from 1905 and was originally built by the grandson of travel agent Thomas Cook. Think grandfather clocks, wood panelling and dining within view of fountains and lily-pad-dotted ponds.
The 2-AA-Rosette Oak Room Restaurant serves an à la carte dinner menu of traditional British dishes. Afternoon tea is served in the lounge, in The Oak Room Restaurant or al fresco on the terrace in the summer months, and there is a bar for tipples and light bites.
Guildford town centre offers plenty to do all year round. You can visit galleries and museums, or explore the medieval castle and Tudor Guildhall building. These sights are all in the town centre, around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel. Loseley Park and Gardens -- a 16th-century country pile with landscaped gardens -- is less than 15 minutes' drive away, as is the National Trust's Winkworth Arboretum and tea rooms.
If you drive 20 minutes, you can explore National Trust property Hatchlands Park. It's set in 400 acres of rolling parkland and is home to Europe's largest collection of keyboard instruments -- many of which have ties with famous composers such as Bach, Chopin and Elgar.
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: There is no extra bed available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(18 Member Ratings)