Omni Royal Orleans Hotel
Why We Love It
- Built on the site of famous 19th-century hotel The St. Louis
- Prime French Quarter locale within a 10-minute walk of Café du Monde
- Rooftop pool with views of the Mississippi River
- Family-friendly hotel provides crayons and books for kids
"Traditional elegance in a central location" -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Since the 1850s, the sought-after address currently occupied by Omni Royal Orleans has been the center of the Creole social scene and the birthplace of gumbo, their acclaimed seafood soup. Originally the site of the city’s most famous 19th-century hotel, the St. Louis, the current property was constructed in 1960 out of white marble as a replica of its grand predecessor with gilded mirrors, wrought-iron balconies and crystal chandeliers hanging above polished marble floors. Just two blocks from Jackson Square, the French Quarter landmark is less than a 10-minute walk from Café du Monde – known to bake the best beignets in New Orleans.
All rooms are decorated with local artwork and classic décor in muted shades of brown and cream. Each unit includes a marble bathroom, flat-screen TV and large work desk. Some accommodations have balconies overlooking the French Quarter while others have street or courtyard views. Wi-Fi is free in common spaces and available for a daily fee in guest rooms (free for Omni loyalty program members). Upon check-in, all kids receive backpacks filled with activity books and crayons.
Guests have access to the rooftop pool and the full-service fitness center, including complimentary towels, bottled water and fresh fruit. Those who prefer privacy can request fitness kits to work out en suite.
At the heart of one of the country’s top foodie destinations, the hotel offers a wide selection of dining options on site. The legendary Rib Room is popular for its Sunday Jazzy Brunch, while Touché serves salads, sandwiches and the best mint juleps in town. For cocktails and light fare paired with views of the Mississippi, snag a poolside table at La Riviera.
- "The rooftop pool has one of the city's best views of the French Quarter" -- Fodor’s
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 23 and USD 31 for adults, USD 12 and USD 31 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47.57 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.