Why We Love It
- A top location: the intersection where Newbury Street's shops meet the Boston Public Garden
- Traditional elegance and great staff -- expect turndown service and, in suites, fireplace butlers
- This used to be a Ritz, so you know the standards are high even if the look is aging a bit
- Standard rooms are nearly twice the size of the Boston average, with Frette linens and Molton Brown toiletries
"Old-school elegant [with] glorious views" -- Fodor's
88% (57 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
It never hurts to follow in the Ritz's footsteps, and when Taj took over this hotel from Ritz, they inherited a top location and graceful bone structure. The look is classic upscale: heavy drapery, traditional furnishings, gold, brass and marble accents. Not too trendy, with plenty of space: The standard room is nearly twice the size of the Boston average, and suites are huge.
All suites also come with wood-burning fireplaces, complete with a fireplace butler. There's also "Boston's best" afternoon tea service (Fodor's) and a rooftop apiary providing honey for the cocktails.
Guests consistently praise the accommodating and friendly staff, as well as the neighborhood. Right across the street is Boston Public Garden, which within a five-minute amble reaches Boston Common. The hotel is on the edge of Newbury Street, lined with some of the city's swankiest shops.
- "In true blueblood fashion, the décor is upscale, but not flashy, with richly-textured wall fabrics and tasseled drapes in a palette of beige, gold, rose and blue" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "An excellent luxury pick" -- Oyster.com
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding. Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children up to age 2. Extra beds available on request: $25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets (maximum weight: 80 pounds) are allowed on request; free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $49.00 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(57 Member Reviews)