$89 – Historic Shenandoah Valley Hotel incl. Weekends
Travelzoo members can save up to 45% on stays into spring at this Shenandoah Valley hotel. The inn is surrounded by wineries, hiking trails and Civil War sites.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Standard Room with one king or two double beds
- $89 per night ... Nov. 19 - March 29
- $10 daily food-and-beverage credit
- Admission for two adults to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley ($20 value), closed Mondays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$10 per guest, per night; children 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel before 4 p.m. on the day of arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $5.27 per night, including tax
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- Idyllic Shenandoah Valley escape just 75 miles from Washington, D.C.
- Modern hotel housed in historic building in Old Town Winchester
- Features a spa, two restaurants and indoor pool modeled after a Roman bath house
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
George Washington has been an integral figure in Winchester, Virginia, since the city's inception in 1752 when his troops were stationed nearby. Today, his presence is still felt in the Shenandoah Valley town, where his office remains preserved and landmarks have been named in his honor, including this Wyndham Grand Hotel.
Built in 1924, this renovated Georgian Revival property houses 90 guest rooms and suites decorated in neutral shades with light wood furnishings and gold accents. Rooms can sleep up to five with the choice of one queen, one king or two double beds, and all include free Wi-Fi, as well as Herman Miller ergonomic chairs at the work desks. Suites have gas fireplaces in the living areas and luxurious upgrades like spa showers and heated towel racks.
The indoor pool is strikingly elegant, modeled after a Roman bath house and accented with white marble columns, sculptures and a whirlpool tub. For further relaxation, Saumaj Health Spa offers therapeutic treatments such as deep tissue massages, cleansing facials and body wraps. Fill up on classic American cuisine at the on-site George’s Food & Spirits, open all day. Daily happy hour specials are offered at Half Note Lounge, with live jazz performed most evenings.
Within a mile of the hotel, visitors can reach the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Washington’s office and Stonewall Jackson’s headquarters. Country music fans can pay homage to Patsy Cline, as the star’s birthplace and gravesite are on the edge of town. Perched at the top of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is a convenient starting point for hiking, cavern visits and wine tasting through the area's popular wine trail.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bedding available upon request: $10 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers Valet Parking and Self-parking for $5.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
Over 45% off
$89 / night
When You Can Go
Travel Nov. 19 - March 29
Getting ThereWinchester is 75 miles west of Washington, D.C., and 189 miles from Richmond. Parking at the hotel is $5 per day for self-parking or valet with unlimited in-out privileges.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(24 Member Ratings)