The Francis Marion Hotel
Why We Love It
- Once the largest hotel in the Carolinas and still Charleston’s tallest hotel
- Top floor rooms facing King Street offer quieter stays with great views
- Flavorful Lowcountry cuisine served at the Swamp Fox Restaurant & Bar
- Within a 15-minute walk of museums, markets and historic landmarks
"Location, location, location is the main draw of this historic hotel" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Towering over King Street for nearly a century, the Francis Marion Hotel is the tallest hotel in Charleston and considered one of the charming city’s grand dames. Much like its historic surroundings, the downtown property reflects the ambiance of the 1920s while providing contemporary amenities required by modern guests.
Cornflower blue rooms and suites are decorated in historic Charleston style with two-poster beds, ornate gold mirrors, custom tapestries and granite-topped wood furnishings. All lodgings include free Wi-Fi, coffeemakers and flat-screen televisions while deluxe rooms feature seating areas and suites have separate living rooms with sofa beds. Lower floors may be subject to street noise so for quieter stays – and the best views – request a higher floor looking out at King Street or the harbor.
The Swamp Fox Restaurant & Bar delights guests with Southern delicacies for breakfast, lunch and dinner while its adjoining bar offers cocktails and live jazz piano music. Guests have access to a 24-hour fitness center and for addition costs can book treatments at the fulll-service Adagio Day Spa. There are two grand ballrooms within the property, making it a popular venue for weddings.
The hotel is across the street from Marion Square, home to the Charleston Farmers Market and within a 15-minute walk of the College of Charleston, Gibbes Museum of Art and Charleston City Market.
- “Right on the doorstep of the historic district and French Quarter” -- Frommer’s
- "Classic, historic property that embraces Charleston's Old South charms" -- Oyster.com
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 17 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 22 per day (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.