The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
Why We Love It
- A recipient of the prestigious (and rare) AAA 5-Diamond award and Forbes Travel Guide 5-Star award since 2015
- A cacti-filled, secluded vibe -- 35 minutes north of downtown Tucson by car
- Good for both couples and families -- there's plenty to do (golf, spa, waterslide and more)
- Expect Ritz-style prices (resort fees alone are an extra $50 per night, which includes valet parking), but with the exceptional service to match
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
In a state dotted with lavish desert resorts, only a few have received the prestigious AAA 5-Diamond award. The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is one of these winners, and for good reason -- service here shines as does the beautiful, expansive property.
It's a 35-minute drive north of downtown Tucson by car (or 45 minutes from the Tucson airport). The property setup is more like a modern mountain lodge compared to the Southwestern casita style that dominates much of the Arizona resort scene. While the design is sleek with clean lines, it blends well with the surrounding natural landscape. Rooms are high-end but comfortable -- each includes a deep soaking tub and private balcony.
Couples and those traveling as a family will be happy here. For adult peace and quiet, there are poolside cabanas, fire pits, 27 holes of manicured greens and lush wet areas and treatment rooms within the No. 1 Spa in Arizona, according to readers of Condé Nast Traveler. There's an on-site kids club, splash pad and 235-foot waterslide that shoots down the mountain through boulders and cacti.
Past guests rave about the impeccable service and friendly staff. In return for pricey rates and resort fees, guests can expect 5-star treatment. Resort fees are $50 plus tax per night and cover fitness classes, valet parking, Wi-Fi, use of mountain bikes, tennis courts, guided walks and more.
Guests should know that the resort's serene location means that the closest shopping and dining is at least 20 minutes away by car. The hotel offers a solid variety of excellent dining and drinking options, with five restaurants ranging from sushi to pub grub to Latin fare.
- "Yet despite all of its positive aspects, guests say it's the staff's friendliness that truly makes their stays memorable" -- U.S. News & World Report
- "You'll feel like you've stepped into the wild, wild, west" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
Internet Included in nightly resort fee.
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
Parking A Parking Fee applies for Valet Parking; $26 per day, plus tax. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. The minimum age to check-in is 18,
The minimum age to check-in is 18,
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Crib available on request; free of charge.
Extra bed available on request; free of charge.
Pets: Pets (dogs only, max weight is 25lbs) are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $125 on check out.
A Resort Fee of $50 (subject to tax = $57.28) per night applies and includes:
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(12 Member Ratings)