Chaa Creek Eco Lodge
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- 100% of Travelzoo members loved their experience
- This eco-luxe resort is surrounded by 400 acres of private rain forest
- On-site organic farm provides produce for farm-to-table dining
- Popular activities include horseback riding, river tubing, canoeing, hiking and guided nature walks
- Guests can enjoy a meal at the palapa-roofed dining pavilion, book treatments at the hilltop spa or sunbathe by the 60-foot outdoor infinity pool
From its humble beginnings as a vegetable farm, Chaa Creek is now lauded as “one of Belize's most prestigious eco-resorts” (Travel + Leisure). 10% of all room revenue goes to environmental and social programs.
Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, this resort is set on a private nature reserve that pays homage to the local culture and environment by marrying the land's natural beauty with man-made conveniences. The thatched-roof cottages are kept naturally cool by the traditional adobe design. The lodge's rustic luxury is highlighted in the cottages' terra-cotta tile floors and Guatemalan textiles, and all rooms are spacious and feature private sundeck verandas. Much of the food served in the restaurant is organically grown on the hotel’s own farm.
Guests can commune with nature while hiking the medicinal trail or canoeing the Macal River, where they can spot toucans, iguanas, jaguars and monkeys. On-site amenities include a bi-level infinity pool, spa and butterfly farm. With caves, Mayan archeological sites and temples (Xunantunich) located nearby, there's even more to be discovered.