Chaa Creek Eco Lodge
Why We Love It
- Surrounded by 400 acres of private rain forest
- On-site organic farm provides produce for farm-to-table dining
- Rates include breakfast, Wi-Fi, canoeing and several guided tours
- 10% of room revenue goes to environmental and social programs
- Mayan archaeological site, Xunantunich, has two ancient temples and is only 30 minutes away by car and ferry
"The gracefully landscaped grounds ... are magnificent" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
From its humble beginnings as a vegetable farm and haven for backpackers, Chaa Creek is now lauded as “one of Belize's most prestigious eco-resorts” (Travel + Leisure).
Located at the foothills of Mayan mountains, near the border of Guatemala, the eco-friendly resort pays homage to the local culture and environment by marrying the land's natural beauty with man-made conveniences. The thatched-roof cottages, which serve as guest rooms, are kept naturally cool by the traditional adobe design. The lodge's rustic luxury is highlighted in the cottages' terra-cotta tile floors and Guatemalan textiles.
With a nature reserve, horseback riding, infinity pool, butterfly exhibit, hiking trails and a spa, the lodge supplies a range of activities to keep travelers engaged. Guests can commune with nature while hiking the medicinal trail or canoeing the Macal River, where they can spot toucans, iguanas and monkeys. With caves and Mayan ruins nearby, there's even more to be discovered.
- "Chaa Creek has a powerful effect on everyone, with its simple pace and its natural setting, which allow visitors to stop and savor the sounds of the jungle" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Service is very friendly and personable" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 8. Extra beds available on request free of charge. Extra person charge is $75 (subject to tax) per person per night for the 3rd and 4th persons.
No pets allowed.