$153 – Hampshire stay near New Forest with dinner
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Stanwell House Hotel is a privately owned property in the "appealing Georgian harbour town" (Lonely Planet) of Lymington. Overnight dinner, bed and breakfast stays are now $153 -- saving up to 23% on regular prices.
- Overnight accommodation in a Garden Room (in an extension at the rear of the hotel) or a Georgian Room (in the old part of the building), with full English breakfast, early check-in from 2pm, £28-per-person dinner credit to spend on the à la carte menu and late checkout until 12pm, for two
- The same deal is $194 in a Suite (split between the extension and the old part of the building)
- A 2-night stay in a Garden or Georgian Room, with daily breakfast, early check-in from 2pm, a 5-course tasting-menu dinner on the first night (worth $62 per person; a vegetarian menu is also available) and late checkout until 12pm, is $235
- Bed-and-breakfast stays with early check-in and late checkout are $102 in a Garden or Georgian Room or $143 in a Suite
Why We Love This Hotel
- Stanwell House Hotel is a "characterful boutique hotel" (The AA) that holds three Silver Stars for its superior level of quality and service
- It's near the marina in the Georgian harbour town of Lymington -- a "yachting heaven, New Forest base and jumping-off point to the Isle of Wight", according to Lonely Planet
- The hotel has two restaurants, including the 2-AA-Rosette Etain restaurant
Stanwell House Hotel is an 18th-century former finishing school on Lymington's high street, half a mile from the New Forest National Park. The town has a wealth of history -- it was once a honeypot for smugglers looking to hoard contraband in nearby caves, and its Saturday market has been running for over 765 years. Today, there's a multitude of white masts in the marina, and the "utterly quaint" (Lonely Planet) cobbled lanes are lined with independent shops.
The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, which has a collection of more than 250 classic cars and motorcycles, is a 15-minute drive away; Buckler's Hard Maritime Museum is 10 minutes' drive from there. Southampton and Lyndhurst are less than 30 minutes' drive from the hotel.
Dinner is served in either the 2-AA-Rosette Etain restaurant or the more informal Burcher & Co bistro (subject to opening times and availability; tasting menus are the same in both restaurants). The Drydock bar offers 25 different gins and a selection of wines, and there's also a cocktail and malt whisky menu.
Garden Rooms are in a modern extension at the rear of the hotel, while Georgian Rooms are in the oldest part of the main building. Suites are split between both parts of the hotel. Dogs can stay in some ground-floor Garden rooms for an extra £15 per dog, per night. Note: the property is a listed building so there is no lift.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 1 and under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
£15 per night for children 2 to 12.
£30 per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per pet per day. Pets are allowed on request and in limited Garden Rooms only. Please contact the hotel before booking to check the availability of a room suitable for a pet.
Pets are allowed on request and in limited Garden Rooms only. Please contact the hotel before booking to check the availability of a room suitable for a pet.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Dinner reservations need to be made in advance and as soon as possible prior to arrival. Please contact the hotel directly to book your table.
There is a small, free on-site car park (tickets at reception), and a public car park opposite, which costs £5 for a 24-hour stay. It's 2-3 minutes walking from the hotel. Spaces for both car parks are subject to availability.
Up to 23% off
$153 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(179 Member Ratings)