The Watergate Hotel
Why We Love It
- Iconic waterfront hotel reopened in 2016 after $125 million renovation
- Embraces it’s infamous history with tongue-in-cheek details like keycards marked “No Need to Break In”
- Staff uniforms by Mad Men costume designer recall fashions of the 1970s
- Rooftop bar overlooking the river and saltwater pool
"Boasting a snazzy mid-century modern design and a prominent location on the Potomac River" -- Gayot
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Possibly the most notorious hotel in presidential history, The Watergate Hotel was the site of scandal in 1972 when the Democratic National Convention’s on-site offices were burglarized by Nixon’s administration. Decades later, the hotel closed in 2007 and reopened in 2016 after completing $125 top-to-bottom renovations.
Rooms were revamped with modern comforts like Nespresso coffeemakers, flat screen televisions and floor-to-ceiling marble bathrooms. All accommodations have balconies with views of the Potomac River and are designed with sleek, mid-century furnishings in copper, gray and polished wood, evoking the period for which The Watergate is best remembered. Details embrace the hotel’s infamous past including pens marked “Stolen from the Watergate Hotel,” keycards inscribed with “No Need to Break In,” and staff uniforms created by Man Men’s Emmy Award-winning costume designer Janie Bryant.
Original features like a grand marble staircase and mosaic-tiled saltwater pool have been restored while new additions to the property include a contemporary bar where whiskey isn’t just for drinking, but fine bottles circle the room in eye-watching design. Kingbird serves French-American fusion while Asian street food makes up the menu at Top of the Gate, the hotel’s rooftop lounge looking out at the river.
- "Offers new luxury digs inside a building infamous for its role in presidential history" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Rather than shun its association with misconduct … the revamped hotel is embracing its distinctive history" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 35 for adults, USD 12 and USD 33 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 200 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 300
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.