The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Why We Love It
- Luxe boutique property in historic building with only 86 rooms
- Complimentary s’mores roasted in the lounge’s fireplace nightly
- On-site spa is D.C.’s only to use Prada treatments
- AMC Loews 14-screen movie theater located in the hotel's complex
"In the heart of Georgetown ... low-key, modern, and above all, private" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Occupying a turn-of-the-century incinerator building between the Potomac River and C&O Canal, The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown retains much of the edifice’s original industrial architecture including its red-brick facade, black ironwork and a 130-foot smokestack. The rough exterior encases a modern interior focused on guests’ comfort and convenience.
With only 86 rooms, the hotel is one of the few Ritz-Carlton boutique properties, its exclusivity making it a favorite of visiting celebrities and privacy-seeking couples. A third of the rooms are suites and all are decorated with clean, contemporary furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows behind gold curtains and Frette linens. Some rooms have views of the Potomac and suites include deluxe features like fireplaces, separate seating areas and formal dining rooms.
The Boutique Spa uses Prada treatment products and is home to the only private couples’ massage room in Washington. Guests have 24-hour access to the gym adjacent to the spa and can also attend outdoor yoga classes in the Urban Garden on Saturday mornings before savoring a gourmet brunch on the terrace.
For all other meals, guests can dine on upscale American cuisine at Degrees or gather in the intimate Living Room lounge for light meals, cocktails and complimentary butler-passed s’mores around its wood-burning fireplace. After dinner, guests can hit the town or watch a movie in the 14 theater cineplex located within the hotel complex.
- "Exclusively small, designed like a sophisticated refuge in the middle of wild and woolly Georgetown" -- Frommer’s
- "The service is polished, and the spa is the only one in Washington with Prada treatments on its menu" -- Concierge.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 53 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 125 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.