The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Why We Love It
- Luxe boutique property in historic building with only 86 rooms
- Complimentary s’mores roasted in the lounge’s fireplace nightly
- On-site spa is D.C.’s only to use Prada treatments
- AMC Loews 14-screen movie theater located in the hotel's complex
"In the heart of Georgetown ... low-key, modern, and above all, private" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Occupying a turn-of-the-century incinerator building between the Potomac River and C&O Canal, The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown retains much of the edifice’s original industrial architecture including its red-brick facade, black ironwork and a 130-foot smokestack. The rough exterior encases a modern interior focused on guests’ comfort and convenience.
With only 86 rooms, the hotel is one of the few Ritz-Carlton boutique properties, its exclusivity making it a favorite of visiting celebrities and privacy-seeking couples. A third of the rooms are suites and all are decorated with clean, contemporary furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows behind gold curtains and Frette linens. Some rooms have views of the Potomac and suites include deluxe features like fireplaces, separate seating areas and formal dining rooms.
The Boutique Spa uses Prada treatment products and is home to the only private couples’ massage room in Washington. Guests have 24-hour access to the gym adjacent to the spa and can also attend outdoor yoga classes in the Urban Garden on Saturday mornings before savoring a gourmet brunch on the terrace.
For all other meals, guests can dine on upscale American cuisine at Degrees or gather in the intimate Living Room lounge for light meals, cocktails and complimentary butler-passed s’mores around its wood-burning fireplace. After dinner, guests can hit the town or watch a movie in the 14 theater cineplex located within the hotel complex.
- "Exclusively small, designed like a sophisticated refuge in the middle of wild and woolly Georgetown" -- Frommer’s
- "The service is polished, and the spa is the only one in Washington with Prada treatments on its menu" -- Concierge.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.