$63 & up – Downtown Halifax Hotel through March, 30% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Described as a "weaved juxtaposition of Maritime history and millennial modernity" by Montecristo Magazine, Halifax is one of Canada's great bucket-list destinations. And with up to 30% off room rates, this offer from The Barrington Hotel makes it extra affordable.
"From cruise ship tourists to young overachievers, Halifax embraces everyone with sea-drenched arms" -- MONTECRISTO
- Accommodations for two in a Guest Room Queen:
- $63-$79 per night ... November-March
- $79-$95 per night ... October
- Note: Rates quoted are discounted from the hotel's regular rate, which are subject to change; refer to the availability calendar to see all prices
Travelzoo Tip: If you're staying on a Saturday, order a martini at the hotel bar — they are just $6 all night long.
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; additional adults are $11 per night
- Children 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Rates quoted are discounted from the hotel's regular rate, which are subject to change; refer to the availability calendar to see all prices
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel up to 48 hours in advance, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking in Scotia Square is $3 per hour, and valet parking is $21 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- A sleek 4-star hotel on bustling Barrington Street
- The hotel features a restaurant, an indoor lap pool and a gym
- A short walk from Halifax's most interesting attractions, including Citadel Hill and Old Town Clock
The 4-star Barrington Hotel is a smart property located opposite Scotia Square in Halifax downtown core. Barrington Street is one of the city's most cosmopolitan avenues, so you'll be close to all the action.
Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax Convention Centre, the Scotiabank Centre and Neptune Theatre are all less than a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
The on-site Tempo Food + Drink is open morning, noon and evening. Expect Canadian-style comfort food and handcrafted cocktails. There's also a grab and go section for those on the move.
As for activities, we suggest Citadel Hill to see the 19th-century Fort George, built to protect the Halifax Citadel from approaching enemies. Each hour, you can watch the changing of the guards, known as the Sentry Change.
Sample local delicacies at Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market (open year-round Tuesday-Sunday). At over 250 years old, the market is North America's oldest continuously-operating farmers’ market.
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and the boardwalk along Halifax Waterfront are also great options to explore.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
C$15 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of C$35 plus tax, per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Pets are allowed on request.
Valet service fee: C$27 plus tax per night. Valet service fee includes in and out privileges.
Valet service fee includes in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 30% Off
$63 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(15 Member Ratings)