Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Why We Love It
- Unforgettable, super-imaginative design hotel
- Located on one of Amsterdam’s most beautiful canals
- Anne Frank House within walking distance and the city’s top museum is a short bike ride away
- All rooms have complimentary snacks and soft drinks in the mini bar and free Wi-Fi
"What Amsterdam is all about" -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Once the city library, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is now an Alice in Wonderland-themed temple to design perched on one of the city’s loveliest canals. The Anne Frank House and chic Nine Streets and Jordaan shopping districts are within walking distance, and the Rijksmuseum is a cycle ride away on one of the hotel’s free-to-borrow bikes.
That is if you can tear yourself away from the hotel -- "a fun-filled five-star," says Marie Claire. Taking inspiration equally from Lewis Carroll’s fantasy world and modern Dutch culture, renowned local designer Marcel Wanders has included rows of miniature doors near reception, huge bells hanging from the ceiling and high-backed tulip-shaped chairs. There is also a video art exhibition set up throughout the hotel including 40 unique works.
Seafood stars at the hotel’s Bluespoon Restaurant, with dishes such as grilled brill on the bone and roasted perch. Hearty traditional Dutch alternatives include wild duck stamppot and veal casserole. Work it off at the 24-hour fitness center, or join the GM for a morning 5 km run along the canals (Wednesdays at 7am). There is also a spa with treatment rooms, sauna and relaxation area, and massages and beauty treatments can be taken in your room.
The bright standard rooms are fair-sized and open plan with a wash basin at one end and partitioned toilet and shower at the other -- a plumbing arrangement that won’t suit everyone but reflects the relaxed Dutch attitude to such matters. Beds are king-sized and dressed with luxurious linen, and all rooms have free snacks and soft drinks in the mini bar and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to a canal view room for stunning vistas of the UNESCO-protected Prinsengracht waterway.
- “Fun-filled five-star” – Marie Claire
- “Warm and friendly” – The Daily Telegraph
- "The blend of heritage and edgy eccentricity gets to the heart of what Amsterdam is all about" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children under 2. Extra bed available on request for children and adults in the Large Garden View Rooms, Large Canal View Rooms and Suites: 65€ per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Fees: A city tax of 5.5% per room, per stay is included in the total price.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.