The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Why We Love It
- The size of a city block, this Mediterranean-style AAA 4-Diamond hotel is a National Historic Landmark
- The hotel's year-round outdoor heated pool has seasonal towel service and poolside dining available
- Guests can choose from six dining options on the property
- Don't miss the on-site clothing boutique and cupcake shop
"One of California's most historic hotels" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The saying “good things take time” rings especially true for the Mission Inn & Spa in Riverside. The National Historic Landmark took 30 years to construct, starting in 1902 and borrowing design elements from the Mediterranean missions dotting Southern California’s landscape. The end result was a glamorous oasis the size of a city block surrounded by citrus groves, and it became a favored setting for celebrity weddings such as Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis and the Nixons.
Over the next few decades, the Riverside property fell into decay and narrowly escaped the wrecking ball in the 1980s. After renovations topping $70 million, the AAA 4-Diamond resort now includes an award-winning full-service spa, outdoor pool and hot tub, a fitness center, six restaurants, and a cupcake shop. Still a popular destination for weddings, the hotel’s wedding chapel opens to a Spanish-Colonial courtyard above the lobby.
Modern amenities like flat-screen televisions and free Wi-Fi are featured in rooms, along with hand-painted tile floors, sweeping balconies and marble accents reflecting the property’s storied past. Luxurious extras including multi-level quarters with wrought iron spiral staircases, separate seating and dining areas, and ornate fireplaces are found within the hotel’s suites.
During the holiday season, nearly four million lights welcome guests and Saint Nick, accompanied by live reindeer, to the property's illuminated winter wonderland. The resort completes the celebration with a horse-drawn carriage, ice rink and the world’s largest man-made mistletoe.
- "One of California's most historic hotels" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
Parking A daily parking fee of $15 plus tax applies for self-parking and $20 plus tax for valet parking. Parking rates are subject to change at the discretion of the property and may vary during Festival of Lights.
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib / Pack 'n Play available on request, free of charge.
Extra bed available on request: $20 plus tax per night. Rates are based on double occupancy, extra person charge is $20 plus tax per person per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(68 Member Ratings)