The Silversmith Hotel
Why We Love It
- One block from the public art playground of Millennium Park
- Building built by Daniel Burnham, the architect of the Chicago World’s Fair of 1893
- Rooms are spacious for a downtown stay, with 12-foot ceilings
- Easy public transit -- the El stops right at the corner, reaching all points of the city
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access
"There is a wonderful intimacy about this gem" -- Gayot.com
100% (19 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Few cities and architects are as closely associated as Chicago and Daniel Burnham. He was a prolific draftsman, giving the city America’s first skyscraper, the World’s Fair grounds, and in 1897, the handsome terracotta tower that now houses the Silversmith Hotel in the city's Loop.
While the hotel feels hidden away, it’s only a block west of Millennium Park, where the city’s “front lawn” holds a band shell by Frank Gehry and Cloud Gate, better known as "The Bean." The Art Institute is three blocks down and the historic Marshall Field’s department store building (now a Macy’s) is two blocks up. The hotel sits quite close to the El, the citys' rapid transit system that serves five different lines, which fan out toward other top neighborhoods like Lincoln Park, Lakeview and Wicker Park.
Guest rooms soar to 12 feet high, with metallic-chic furnishings like silver leather tufted headboards and gold-accented dressers. Window seats cozy up to tall panes, which are reinforced to cloud out sounds of the bustling city below.
- “Steps from Millennium Park and the Art Institute, this one is ideal for art and theater lovers" -- Fodor's
- "The moment you walk in ... you'll feel transported to an earlier time" -- Gayot.com
- "An architectural gem" -- Time Out Chicago
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge for children under 2.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.