The Talbott Hotel
Why We Love It
- Staying in Gold Coast puts guests within a 10-minute drive to House of Blues and museums
- Landmark building reminiscent of an English manor house
- Eco-friendly hotel with tech extras like in-room Apple Mac minis and iHome docking stations
- Free Wi-Fi , pet-friendly accommodations and passes to nearby Equinox Sports Club
"Strikes a happy balance, retaining a somewhat historical feel while also being eco- and tech-friendly" -- Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The upscale Talbott Hotel first opened in 1927 as a private residential building. Refashioned in 2006 as a boutique hotel, the property is reminiscent of a grand English manor house, with antique-styled rooms, plush velvet sofas and dark wood furnishings. Its location, just two blocks from Magnificent Mile, makes the hotel convenient for sightseeing -- but since it is tucked away on a side street, guests are ensured a quiet night of rest.
Despite its classic décor, the hotel embraces cutting-edge technology and is certified as a Green Seal hotel. Each room includes free Wi-Fi, an iHome docking station and an Apple Mac mini for guests to check bills and stay connected. A thermostat setting of “eco mode” automatically alerts housekeeping to only change linens and towels every other day to save energy.
Evening coffee service is presented in the granite and marble lobby, which resembles a Victorian library. Afterward, visitors can indulge in contemporary comfort food at the hotel’s on-site restaurant.
The hotel is a five-minute walk from Water Tower Place and the John Hancock Center, while Navy Pier is just one and a half miles away. Although there isn't a fitness center on site, guests have free access to the nearby Equinox Sports Club.
- "In contrast to the old-world sensibilities and antique-styled rooms is its embrace of technology and its certification as a Green Seal hotel" -- Frommer’s
- "This hotel strives for -- and achieves -- opulent English elegance" -- Gayot.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 50 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 24 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
This property is closed from 01 January 2017 to 30 April 2017 (dates subject to change).
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.